|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
|Greater location||Mario Land|
The Tree Zone is one of the many areas Mario must adventure through in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. It consists of five stages, although only four are necessary to complete the world. Additionally, there is one hidden stage accessed from stage two (as Bunny Mario). Located in the southwest corner of the map, the Tree Zone consists of the giant Mario Land Tree. Many of the enemies are based on over-sized animals. Stage one takes place in the roots of the tree and features enemies such as Bopping Toady, Ragumo, and Spikey. Stage two takes place in the sap-filled hollow inside the tree. It features almost no enemies, with the exception of Moofish and Noko Bombettes. Stage three is the left choice at the tree's fork. It takes place atop the tree's many branches and features ants, Battle Beetles, Bee Flies, and numerous Piranha Plants. Stage four is the right choice at the fork of the tree. It takes place inside a giant beehive and holds Beebees and larvae-like enemies such as the Grubbies and Unera. It is arguably harder than the other stages, as most of the enemies are semi-invincible, such as the Skeleton Bee. Stage five takes place in the tree's canopy and features Heavy Zed, the huge friendly owl and many flying enemies such as Dondon. The boss of stage five is the Big Bird.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Zona degli Alberi
- The completion of the single hidden stage in Tree Zone unlocks a different background in the Tree Zone's map. Some of the leaves will blossom into flowers and will start to bloom and unbloom.
- The first area has an unused room underneath it, which would have been accessed via pipes.
- In Super Mario Bros. 3, the music for Water Land can be heard in the background of the music for stage 3 of Tree Zone.
- "The five-stage Tree Zone begins in the roots of the giant Mario Land Tree and ends at the top. You’ll encounter a big cast of creepy, crawly tree inhabitants and a whole lot of sap." - Nintendo Power Volume 43, page 46.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 12.
- Club Nintendo (Germany) Jahrgang 5 Ausgabe 1, page 46.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins Italian booklet, pag. 17
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 77
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 1 - 1993, page 23.