- This article is about the object from the Super Mario franchise. For other uses, see Flipper (disambiguation).
Flippers, also known as one-way gates, are bars that, once passed through, prevent access to the area before. They resemble pinball flippers. A Yoshi can open them temporarily if he jumps on them.
Debuting in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, flippers show up again in Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 in the following World-e levels: Slidin' the Slopes, Doors o' Plenty, Swinging Bars of Doom, Sea to Sky, Puzzling Pipe Maze, and Treacherous Halls. In this game, they are colored yellow.
A similar type of flipper appears in New Super Mario Bros. in World 2-3 only. These flippers are wooden with red arrows on them indicating which way they open to, and they are usually found individually rather than in pairs. Flippers exist unused in New Super Mario Bros. Wii; however, they reappear in New Super Mario Bros. 2 in a few levels.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Porta unidirezionale||Unidirectional door|
- M. Arakawa. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 122.
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Pages 72, 80, 82, and 127.
- Black, Fletcher. Yoshi's Island DS PRIMA Official Game Guide. Pages 94, 173, 175, 179, 180, 190, 193, 197, 212, 213, 220, 225, 228, 264, 267, 271, and 274.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, pages 118 and 199.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pagg. 118 and 199