Slot windows, or simply slots, are Pinball Parts that appear in scene A in Pinball and VS. Pinball. There are three slot windows, each set to an icon of a penguin by default. If a ball passes through the lane on the right side of scene A, the slot windows start rotating between a icon, a icon, and a icon. If the ball hits the slot target when it moves above one of the slot windows, said slot window stops rotating. If a slot window stops on a icon, the player earns a 1,000 point bonus. If each slot window stops on the same icon, the up-post is raised, the layout changes color, and the player earns bonus points:
- awards a 3,330 point bonus and the up-post is raised for 6 seconds.
- awards a 7,770 point bonus and the up-post is raised for 14 seconds.
- raises the up-post and causes any points earned to be doubled as long as the up-post is raised.
Names in other languages
- Slot window
- Slot target
- Pinball North American instruction booklet, page 5.
- Arcade Archives: Pinball in-game manual, Techniques (P.06/10)
- Pinball Japanese instruction booklet, page 5.
|Pinball / VS. Pinball|
|Characters||Mario • Lady|
|Pinball Parts||Flipper • Lane • Slot window • Slot target • Up-post • Target • Lane light • Hole kicker • Bumper • Striker • Card • Card lane • Hole • Egg • Chick • Stopper • Side lane • Bingo lamp • Floor|
|Scenes||Scene A • Scene B • Bonus Stage|