Perilous Palace Path
|Perilous Palace Path|
|Appears in||Mario Party: Island Tour|
Perilous Palace Path is one of the seven boards in Mario Party: Island Tour. It takes the longest time to complete. There are items that help the player and/or hinder their opponents. The player can also use Bonus Dice Blocks which add a number of spaces to the players' roll. This board takes 45-60 minutes. After everyone has moved, a minigame will be played, and Bonus Dice Blocks will be awarded based on placement. The layout includes some cows, a Chain Chomp, trees, a river, bridges, a castle at the end, and a volcanic lava-filled area called the Bowser Zone.
- The first event involves a Thwomp. There are three switches, colored red, green, and blue. One button allows the character to proceed. If the correct button is pressed, the character is allowed to go across the bridge, which will at that point lower, and the Thwomp is destroyed. The character will then move any amount of spaces left on their roll. But if they hit one of the two incorrect buttons, the bridge starts to lower, but then comes back up, at which point the Thwomp slams the player, ending their turn.
- The next event takes place roughly halfway through the path. A Goomba Tower will be holding up an arrow sign. It will spin around, and depending on which direction it points, the player will continue through the normal path (if the sign points left) or be thrown into the Bowser Zone (if the sign points right) by a Monty Mole, abruptly ending their turn in the process should they be thrown into the Bowser Zone. If the player is allowed to continue on the main path, they will also be allowed to move any amount of spaces left on their roll.
- When a player hits the end of the path, they will battle a Whomp. At first, its health is 6. The player must roll a 6 on the dice block to defeat it and win, but if a lower number is rolled, it will still take that amount of damage. If the Whomp was not defeated, the player will then get crushed by it, and their turn ends. The next time someone gets to the Whomp, they must roll a number equivalent to the amount of health it has (e.g. if the Whomp has 3 health points, the player must roll a 3 or higher). If a player is already at the Dead-End Space when their turn starts, any Bonus Dice Blocks or items they have acquired are usable, allowing them to boost their chances at beating it.
- American English version: Power yourself up and knock opponents out of the way with special items as you race to the finish!
- British English version: Race to the castle and use items to help you along the way!
|First||Gold Dice Block|
|Second||Silver Dice Block|
|Third||Bronze Dice Block|
|Dash Spaces||Item Spaces||Green Spaces||Piranha Plant Spaces||Lucky Spaces||Free-for-All Spaces||Bowser Spaces||Unlucky Space||Dead-End Spaces||Total|
|Perilous Palace Path||9||18 (4)||13 (1)||5 (1)||2||5||3 (1)||1||1||57 (7)|
Numbers in parentheses are spaces only accessible if the player is forced onto the Bowser Zone.
An event with the Goomba Tower
| Perilous Palace Path ||File info|
Names in other languages
Aitemu Kyassaru Rando
|Item Castle Land|
|French (NOA)||Royaume des objets||Items Kingdom|
|French (NOE)||Royaume des Bonus||Bonus Kingdom|
|Italian||Sentiero per il maniero||Path to the manor|
|Korean||아이템 캐슬 랜드
aitem kaeseul laendeu
|Item Castle Land|
|Portuguese||Caminho do Palácio||Palace Way|
|Spanish||Reino de los objetos||Items Kingdom|