DK's Jungle Adventure
- Not to be confused with DK's Jungle Ruins.
|DK's Jungle Adventure|
|Appears in||Mario Party|
|Description||"Use your Star Power to find the secret of the ruins."|
- “Here in the jungle stand the mysterious ruins. Rumor has it that a great treasure is hidden here. If you look for this treasure, surely one of you will find it. But beware! There are many traps in the jungle! Whatever you do, don’t step on the ? Spaces, as your safety cannot be guaranteed.”
- —Koopa Troopa, Mario Party
DK's Jungle Adventure is Donkey Kong's board in Mario Party. The board involves four players who compete to find Stars to open a chest in the ancient ruins; it can only be opened by the player with the most Stars. This board is formally considered the first of the game. It is also the only stage with two Boos.
At the end of the game, the winner joins all of their Stars together to form a giant one, which acts as a key for opening the chest. It contains a golden banana bunch, which the winner is rewarded with. The players in second and third place receive a Toad, Koopa, a Boo and a Whomp watch. The player in fourth place is chased down the board by a rolling boulder.
- Three Whomps guard the junctions on the board. If a player encounters one, they can pay ten Coins to access the path. Whomp continues to block the same path against other players unless they also pay. If a player does not pay Whomp, it blocks the other path after they move past it, which opens the initial path for the three other players.
- If a player encounters a Coin Stone, they can only pass it if they have 20 Coins. In that case, the Coin Stone hides and the player can decide on a path to take. If they do not have 20 Coins, nothing happens.
- If the player chooses to take Bowser's path (behind a Coin Stone) they are forced to buy a useless Gold-plated Bowser Statue for ten Coins.
- If a player lands on one of the nine Happening Spaces spread throughout the board, a boulder begins to roll from the north-east, then left, then down where it passes on Bowser's path. Any players in the path of the rolling boulder try to escape it, but end up at the start.
The following table shows how many spaces there are on the board, and how many there are of a certain type.
There are no ! Spaces initially on the board, though every time a Star is bought from Toad, an ! Space replaces the space he was on.
- Supposedly, there is treasure hidden somewhere in the ruins. Do you really think so?
- Rumor has it that the treasure is a banana made of gold. Did you know that?
- The ruin has many traps set in it, so be careful.
- Be courageous, don't let the traps get you, and keep on searching. Surely, the treasure can be found.
- You need a "key" to find the treasure, but where is the "key" to be found?
- It's just a hunch, but doesn't the stone coffin above the altar look a little strange? Doesn't it?
- But beware! There are many traps in this jungle! Whatever you do, don't step on the ? Spaces, as your safety cannot be guaranteed. – Koopa Troopa
- You wanna go down this path I'm on? – Whomp
- Then I'll move. - Whomp, if answered "yes"
- You hear a voice beyond the door: "People who don't have 20 Coins can't come this way!" – Coin Stone
- You're looking for treasure? Then let me give you this... This is a mystical secret! The Gold-plated Bowser Statue! I'll give you this for just 10 Coins! By the way, the Bowser Statue won't do a thing. Ah, hah, Hah, HAH, HAH! – Bowser
Yoshi receiving the Golden Bowser Statuette
Names in other languages
Donkī no Janguru Adobenchā
|Donkey's Jungle Adventure|
|French||La jungle de DK||DK's Jungle|
|German||Donkey Kongs Dschungel-Abenteuer||Donkey Kong's Jungle Adventure|
|Italian||L'Avventura di DK nella Giungla||Dk's adventure in the jungle|