The Option House is a place in Mario Party. It is the place to change the settings, delete the data of the game, and play with various objects bought from the Mushroom Shop, such as the Talking Parrot. It seems to be home to Fun Gus, one of the few Toads with a darker skin color. The player can toggle between Stereo and Mono for sound settings, and deleting game data is done by pulling an in-game switch. It, along with Fun Gus, is replaced by Professor Fungi and the Options Lab in Mario Party 2.
The Option House returns in Mario Party Superstars, where it is run by a Shy Guy. Inside the Option House, there are some vines and gears, and there is a screen in the middle. The adjustable options are as follows:
- Sticker Settings: Allows the player to view their sticker collection and choose whether or not stickers from random players online are visible or not.
- Delete Progress Data: Deletes progress for a suspended board game.
- Adjust Background Music: Allows the player to toggle music settings for boards. As long as a board has been played on at least once (even if the round is not finished), its background music can be set to either "Modern" (the remastered version from Mario Party Superstars) or "Classic" (the original version from the board's debut game).
- Text Speed: Sets text speed to either "Fast", "Normal", or "Slow".
- CPU Movement Speed: Sets the movement speed of computer-controlled players to either "Fast" or "Normal".
| Option House Theme (Mario Party) ||File info|
| Setting the Scene (Mario Party Superstars) ||File info|
Names in other languages
|French||Maison des Options||Options House|
|Italian||Casa delle Opzioni
Casa delle opzioni (Mario Party Superstars)