Make Eggs, Throw Eggs
|Make Eggs, Throw Eggs|
|Game||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3|
|Music track||The Flower Garden|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Make Eggs, Throw Eggs is the first level of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its remake, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. It serves as the main tutorial of the game, featuring multiple Message Blocks detailing many of Yoshi's abilities and other game mechanics. Ba-dum BUM! and Little Eggs, Big Eggs, the first levels in Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's New Island, respectively, bear a strong resemblance to this level. This level's playable Yoshi is the green Yoshi.
The level starts in a flat, flowery field with a nearby Message Block, telling the player how to make eggs. Slightly further along, there are a few Shy-Guys, one on a suspended platform, and a Crazee Dayzee walking around. It is followed by a small rock with the first Special Flower above it and a Wild Piranha in a small ditch next to it. After the rock, there is a Message Block explaining how to throw eggs, as well as a Winged Cloud in the air. Hitting the cloud with an egg will create a staircase leading to some coins, the first Red Coins, a Winged Cloud carried by a Fly Guy containing Stars, and a Special Flower.
Back on the ground, two Wild Piranhas block access to a Warp Pipe, leading to an underground section. Within it is a Chomp Rock used to roll over a few Shy-Guys and access a high ledge with the exit pipe, a few Fly Guys carrying Red Coins, and a tulip.
The exit to the underground section is not far from its entrance, under two rocks, with the third Special Flower being to the immediate left of it. The area to the right of it contains the fourth Special Flower underneath a Wild Piranha, as well as a rotating platform. Moving forward, there is a pipe which spawns an infinite number of Shy-Guys, with a Winged Cloud containing Stars above it. After going through a short tunnel, there is a Winged Cloud that must be hit, sprouting a beanstalk which allows access to the platforms above. Back to the left, past the edge of the upper platform, there is another Winged Cloud containing the final Special Flower for the level. Over to the right, there is another spinning platform that allows access to an even higher ledge. Upon it is a Message Block explaining the purpose of Red Coins, as well as another Chomp Rock. The rock can be rolled down the hill past more Shy-Guys and Wild Piranhas, leading to the Goal Ring.
Flower 2: On a platform in the air, access from the platforms created by the first Winged Cloud.
Flower 4: Directly to the left of the first spinning platform, under a Wild Piranha.
Flower 5: In a Winged Cloud to the left of the beanstalk, slightly past the ledge.
Baron von Zeppelin
In-game help instructions (SNES version)
- Grab an enemy with , then press down on to make an egg. Now try throwing the egg. Press !
- (After grabbing first flower) Special Flower. Gather 5 for a 1-UP! They add to your point total.
- (With the Controller Type set to Patient) Press once, and the aiming cursor will begin to move. Press again to throw the egg! When you find a cloud with a question mark on it, hit it with an egg. Cool stuff will happen! To cancel the throw, press down on .
- (With the Controller Type set to Hasty) Press and hold and the aiming cursor will begin to move. Release to throw the egg! When you find a cloud with a question mark on it, hit it with an egg. Cool stuff will happen! To cancel the throw, press down on .
- A Chomp Rock is a useful thing... Push it to make it roll, bowling over your enemies. If it gets stuck, stand on one edge to make it roll again.
- In each level, 20 red coins are hidden among the yellow ones. They each add 1 point to your total points.
Speedrun of the level
Round 1 of Action Mode, from Yoshi no Cookie in Nintendo Puzzle Collection; using the background of Make Eggs, Throw Eggs
Names in other languages
Tamago o tsukutte nagero
|Make eggs and throw them|
Xiàdàn, zhì dàn
|Lay eggs, throw eggs|
|French||Faire et lancer des oeufs.||Making and throwing eggs.|
|Italian||Fai le uova, lancia le uova||Make the eggs, throw the eggs|
|Spanish||Crea huevos, lanza huevos||Make Eggs, Throw Eggs|
- Aside from the Extra levels (as well as the Secret levels in the remake), this is the only level in the game without a Middle Ring.