|First appearance||Paper Mario: Color Splash (2016)|
- “I'm the leader of the yellow Rescue Squad! We're here to help you in your adventure!”
- —Rescue Yellow, Paper Mario: Color Splash
Rescue Yellow is a character in Paper Mario: Color Splash. He is the captain of the yellow Rescue Squad, comprising of twelve members including himself. He is found in the Sacred Forest, trying to pull the Turnip out of the giant Warp Pipe on his own. He admits he is unable to do so and asks Mario to search for his comrades. Once they are all found and reunited, they are able to successfully pull the Turnip out of the Warp Pipe. Rescue Yellow also stars in a seven-part series, Rescue V: Fearless Color Defenders, in which he narrates certain events in the game. He reappears in Paper Mario: The Origami King with a much more minor role.
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Like the other captains, Rescue Yellow is found on his own in no particular sign of distress. He is seen tugging on the stem of the Turnip blocking off the giant Warp Pipe. This is practically ineffective, so he asks Mario to set out to find his fellow members. Once they have reported to him for roll call, Mario can join in and pull from the back of the line. After a moment, the Turnip is pulled from the pipe, much to everyone's satisfaction. Not only can Mario enter the pipe, he can pick up the Turnip. However, doing so makes these Toads depressed, making them feel their efforts were meaningless.
Rescue V: Fearless Color Defenders
Rescue Yellow appears in various episodes of the mini-series, either as a main character or as a brief commentator. He also appears in the theme song of every episode.
Rescue Yellow is sent to appear before the Rescue Squad Chief at their headquarters in Port Prisma. He, along with the other captains, are upset to learn their contributions will likely go unnoticed. He declares they did all of the work, convincing the chief Mario would not get anywhere without them. The chief understands this, and gives them the opportunity to prove themselves by sharing stories of their own.
Rescue Yellow stars in the fourth episode as the main narrator. He introduces himself quite suddenly, bringing up the theft of the Bone at Marmalade Valley. He refuses to let this happen, showing his squad members searching every inch of the Golden Coliseum and eventually finding it. The other captains begin diminishing his efforts, though he defends each of them. He shows their final attempt at pulling out the Turnip, which again is shrugged off.
As the other captains are waiting for Rescue Green to snap out of it, Rescue Yellow talks some of the great performers at the circus, such as the Dino Rhinos. He becomes annoyed when Rescue Green reveals he had dozed off, telling him he neglected to speak of his own team.
When Rescue Purple brags about finding coins across the sea, Rescue Yellow sarcastically congratulates him on his excellent commentary.
Rescue Yellow assembles with the other captains before the chief at their headquarters a second time. Like the other captains, he becomes annoyed by him straying off topic and almost spoiling the ending. When Rescue Red has his colors drained, Mario is summoned to restore them. Although this is helpful, it also results in the squads disbanding, essentially firing the captains.
Paper Mario: The Origami King
- "I'm the leader of the yellow Rescue Squad! We're here to help you in your adventure!�<null>�<null>Or we're supposed to be, at least..."
- "See, we heard this big turnip was blocking your path, so we kicked into action!"
- "But none of my 11 squadets have arrived yet. Not sure they got the memo.�<null>�<null>If you see any of them around, tell them to meet me here!"
- "But none of my 11 squaddies have arrived yet. Guess they didn't get the memo.�<null>�<null>If you see any members of the yellow Rescue Squad at our headquarters in Port Prisma, tell them to come here!"
- "Yellow Rescue Squad, reporting in! Well, sort of.�<null>�<null>My 11 squaddies are running late. If you see any of them around, tell them to meet me here."
- "Mr. Mario! I am the leader of the yellow Rescue Squad!�<null>�<null>If you see any members of the yellow Rescue Squad at our headquarters in Port Prisma, tell them to come here!"
- "Ugh... Trying to pull this out by myself is hopeless!"
- "Roll call!"
- "Yellow Rescue Squad members missing in action: [number]."
- "All 12 members of the yellow Rescue Squad have arrived!"
- "Yellow Rescue Squad! Commence Operation TURN UP! To your positions!�<null>�<null>Well, I guess we're already in position."
- "Mind lending us a hand, Mario? You can bring up the rear. Don't make this weird."
- "Put your back into it, Mr. Mario!"
- "Mission accomplished!"
- "Thanks for the help, Mario!"
- "That turnip sure got a good squeezin'!"
Paper Mario: Color Splash sprite