Mario standing in front of the fountain
|First appearance||Paper Mario: Sticker Star (2012)|
|Greater location||Mushroom Kingdom|
- Not to be confused with Petalburg.
- “Welcome back, Mario! Great job being all epic on that epic journey!”
- —Toad, Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Decalburg is a town featured in Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It serves as the central hub town of the game, and is where Mario starts his adventure. The Sticker Fest takes place here. The town's name comes from decal, a design prepared on special paper to be transferred to another surface, like a sticker, and -burg, a town or city.
The game begins in Decalburg after the Sticker Fest was forcefully ended by Bowser. Mario is woken up by Kersti and then proceeds to peel her off. After that, the Toads are shown to have been crumpled or attacked and are panicking over the ravaged festival grounds.
As each Toad is found and rescued, it is discovered that an entire portion of Decalburg has been rolled up, and all of the saved Toads are needed to unroll it. As soon as it is turned back to normal, Mario and Kersti are attacked by a gang of Goombas, in which the basic battle actions are taught. After the commotion, Mario and Kersti leave for World 1's first level, Warm Fuzzy Plains.
Later, after Mario learns how to Paperize, he can pull off Decalburg's fountain to reveal the Green Toad that was crushed under the unrolling Decalburg. The Green Toad thanks Mario and officially opens up the Sticker Museum.
Gradually, over the course of the game, the festival grounds are repaired.
The first area of Decalburg is the festival grounds, where the Sticker Fest takes place. At first, this site is ravaged and contains a very small selection of weak stickers, but gradually over the course of the game the Toads rebuild the grounds.
The next area is the residential area. It contains three houses. The one on the left contains newspaper articles about "Green Guy" sightings. The house in the center belongs to the crybaby Toad found in World 1-4, Hither Thither Hill. Finally, the house on the end is the house of the bullied Red Toad encountered over the course of the game. As he is rescued, paintings of those attacks appear in his house, and once all five appear, a friend of his will give Mario an HP-Up Heart.
The biggest area is the town center, where the Sticker Shop, Sling-a-Thing stand, and Sticker Museum are located. The Sticker Shop is one of five shops in the game and slowly gets more and more powerful stickers over the course of the game. The Sling-a-Thing stand is opened once Mario gets the Fan item from Bouquet Gardens. Also, once Mario gets multiple Things, a secluded stand opens up near the Sling-a-Thing stand. This stand sells the Things that Mario has lost and not gotten back again. The items are pricey, and the method is highly implied to be illegal.
To the left of the secluded stand is the Secret Door of Decalburg that it shares with The Enigmansion. The door serves as a portal between the two.
- The center (centre in British English versions of the game) of Decalburg, eh? We can head out into the world from here.
- This operation looks a bit dodgy, but I have to admit, the thing stickers are pretty amazing.
- Stickers are being sold here! I really wonder how much I'd go for...
- As far as house interiors go, this one is pretty odd...
- Wow, a sticker museum! I really feel at ease here. So peaceful...
- The Toads live in these houses, obviously. The Sticker Fest grounds are just back there.
- Toad houses. Ah, the simple life.
- They're rehearsing for the Sticker Fest! Not long to go now!
|Name of Sticker||Picture||Price|
|Iron Jump||5 coins|
|Line Jump||12 coins|
|Spike Helmet||8 coins|
|POW Block||30 coins|
|Shiny Shell||40 coins|
|Shiny Mushroom||30 coins|
|Flashy Mushroom||50 coins|
|Big Shiny Jump||25 coins|
|Big Shiny Iron Jump||30 coins|
|Big Shiny Hopslipper||35 coins|
|Big Shiny Line Jump||55 coins|
|Big Shiny Hammer||25 coins|
|Big Shiny Eekhammer||35 coins|
|Big Shiny Hurlhammer||55 coins|
|Big Shiny Slaphammer||25 coins|
|Big Shiny Baahammer||20 coins|
|Big Shiny Burnhammer||30 coins|
|Big Shiny Chillhammer||30 coins|
Names in other languages
|Labelun Town; derived from「ラベル」(raberu, label)|
|Colorful Sticker Town|
|Spanish (NOA)||Aldea Cromo||Sticker Town|
- Originally, Decalburg was going to return in Paper Mario: Color Splash; it was ultimately replaced by Port Prisma. Concept art exists in Color Splash of what Decalburg might have looked like had it been reused.