|Paper Mario enemy|
|Location(s)||Shy Guy's Toy Box, Bowser's Castle|
|Moves||Bump Attack (10), Acrobatic Attack (12)|
An Anti Guy is a gray-colored Shy Guy that appears in Paper Mario. It is also known as the Deadly Guy due to the fact that its attacks are extremely powerful. It is one of the strongest non-boss enemies that Mario can battle against, second only to the Amazy Dayzee, and even then, an Anti Guy has much higher HP.
In the game, Mario first encounters an Anti Guy inside the Shy Guy's Toy Box. This Shy Guy is guarding a treasure chest containing a Power Plus Badge. If spoken to, it demands Mario to keep away, but the player can engage it in battle and get the Badge by beating it. Later, in Bowser's Castle, the second of three Guard Doors gives Mario a quiz. If Mario gets five questions correct in the quiz, he can pass. However, if he gets three questions incorrect, he has to face three Anti Guys at once, known as the Anti Guys Unit.
Instead of fighting the Anti Guy in Shy Guy's Toy Box, Mario can instead bribe the Shy Guy to leave by giving it a Lemon Candy, allowing Mario access to the Power Plus Badge. However, if Mario does this, he is no longer able to fight the Anti Guy.
In battle, an Anti Guy attacks the same way as regular Shy Guys, by jumping on Mario or tackling him, except their attacks are much more powerful.
- Main article: List of Paper Mario quotes § Anti Guy
- "It's mine, see? Don't mess with me!♥"
- "Good. You're a smart boy!♥"
- "You wanna fight? Are you nuts? You don't wanna mess with me!♥ Are you sure ya wanna fight?"
- "Please! I love that stuff!♥ Lemme have some Lemon Candy! Please! C'mon, pal!"
- "Grrrrr!!! You stingy, candy-hogging punk!"
- "Oh...so good...tart... So yummy...♥♥♥"
- "He's a guard named Anti Guy. He's all by himself! And he looks totally weak! Although...you never know. Appearances can be deceptive. Just look at me! Hmm... Weak? Or really strong?"
- Paper Mario Official Nintendo Player's Guide: Good thing you don't fight the Anti Guy very often, because it's pretty tough. The black-and-white bully has also earned the nickname "Deadly Guy" because of its high Heart Points and fierce attacks.
Names in other languages
|Black Shy Guy; shared with the Paper Mario: Color Splash Black Shy Guy|
|Black Shy Guy|
|French||Mass'anti||From "Maskass" (Shy Guy) and the prefix "anti-"|
- Guard Door: Prepare for battle! Anti Guys Unit! Attack!
- Guard Door: Oh, but...no! NO!! You beat the Anti Guys Unit?!!
- Paper Mario Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Page 101.