Mario Stadium (baseball stadium)
Mario Stadium is a baseball field in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers. As its name implies, it belongs to Mario, and is the most simplistic of all the stadiums in the game. It seems to be always set near beaches. It resembles other Real World baseball fields, and there are no real features to distract players. It features the largest seating capacity of all the stadiums in both games. Both Mario Stadiums bear a resemblance to each other.
Mario Baseball series
Mario Superstar Baseball
Mario Stadium's first appearance is in Mario Superstar Baseball. The field is set on the beach with a small amount of sand behind the outfield wall. Palm trees and houses are also behind this wall. The stands are constructed like traditional stadium stands and hold around 300+ people. It is hinted that this stadium is near Isle Delfino. In Challenge Mode, Mario and his team are always challenged in Mario Stadium.
Mario Super Sluggers
Mario Stadium makes a return in Mario Super Sluggers. This time the field is more realistic and set right on the water's edge. The scoreboard now features flags styled after Super Mario Bros., a Nintendo logo on top, as well as lights behind it for nighttime games. In the background a lighthouse on a cliff and a boat in the water can be seen. The stands are modeled after a beach house on one side and traditional stands on the other. Additionally, there is a giant dirt "M" in the outfield made to look like Mario's "M" emblem. The stadium now seats roughly twice as many characters as in Mario Superstar Baseball. Unlike the other stadiums, the differences between day and night are only aesthetic and do not affect gameplay.
Mario Stadium also makes an appearance in the game's introduction and title screen.
Fortune Street series
- Main article: Mario Stadium (board)
Mario Super Sluggers
- "A baseball stadium with no gimmicks."
Collectible card info
- Information: "Mario Stadium is a classic ballyard, with no artificial turf and no unexpected obstacles. There is a giant dirt "M" in the outfield, but that won't get in anyone's way. Maybe that's why all training sessions are held here."
- Field Obstacle: None
- Fun Fact: "Power hitters dream of one day hitting a home run far enough to bounce it off the lighthouse overlooking the bay."
| Mario Stadium - The Mario Stadium theme in Mario Superstar Baseball||File info|
Names in other languages
|French||Stade de Mario||Mario Stadium|
|Italian||PalaMario (Fortune Street)||Mario Dome/Stadium|
- Mario Stadium is one of only two stadiums in Mario Superstar Baseball that have spectators watching in the stands; the other being Peach Garden. Others, like Donkey Kong Jungle, appear to have areas designed to seat fans (behind home plate), but there are never any shown. Wario Palace has fans in the introduction, but none during actual gameplay.