Bumpers are Pinball Parts in Pinball and VS. Pinball that bounce the ball back upon contact with them. They appear in every scene of the game. When the ball touches a bumper, it gets knocked back, and the player earns 100 points. In VS. Pinball, touching bumpers in scene B earns 300 points. Bumpers appear in three different colors: pink, blue, and amber. An additional green type of bumper appears only in VS. Pinball after activating a bonus. In total, there are six bumpers:
- In scene A, a single bumper appears at the upper part of the screen above the slot target.
- In scene B, there are three bumpers: two pink bumpers and one amber bumper. They appear below the lanes next to cards.
- The final two blue bumpers appear in scene C. They are found to the left and right from bingo lamps.
Names in other languages
- Pinball North American instruction booklet, page 5.
- Pinball Japanese instruction booklet, page 5.
|Pinball / VS. Pinball|
|Characters||Mario • Lady|
|Pinball Parts||Flipper • Lane • Slot window • Slot target • Up-post • Target • Lane light • Hole kicker • Bumper • Striker • Card • Card lane • Hole • Egg • Chick • Stopper • Side lane • Bingo lamp • Floor|
|Scenes||Scene A • Scene B • Bonus Stage|