- This article is about the stage from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. For the 2015 Wii U game, see Yoshi's Woolly World. For the 2017 3DS port of said game, see Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.
Woolly World is a stage that appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The course is based on Yoshi's Woolly World and combines the ground from the beginning of the second course in the E3 2014 demo, and the sky from the third course. According to developer Masahiro Sakurai, the stage was added late into development.
Players start on a flat grassland, where two clouds and a mobile of a rocket and two more clouds hang from strings above, which can be used as extra platforms. Eventually, the screen rises to a sky area as indicated by arrows pointing up, and the land disappears. After that, the stage descends to the ground again, this time taking place in an area with several block structures in the background.
Songs in My Music
|Yoshi's Island||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island||Arrangement Supervisor: Yoshihito Yano||—|
|Yoshi's Woolly World||Yoshi's Woolly World||Arrangement Supervisor: Taku Inoue||—|
|Obstacle Course (Yoshi's Island)||Super Smash Bros. Brawl
(Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
|Arrangement Supervisor: Shota Kageyama||—|
|Yoshi's Story Ver. 2||Super Smash Bros. Melee
|Arrangement Supervisor: Hirokazu Ando||—|
|Ending (Yoshi's Story)||Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Arrangement Supervisor: Masafumi Takada||—|
|Flower Field||Super Smash Bros. Brawl
(Yoshi Touch & Go)
|Arrangement Supervisor: Asuka Hayazaki||Collect CD|
|Wildlands||Super Smash Bros. Brawl
(Yoshi's Island DS)
|Arrangement Supervisor: Shogo Sakai||—|
|Main Theme (Yoshi's New Island)||Yoshi's New Island||Original||—|
|Bandit Valley (Yoshi's New Island)||Yoshi's New Island||Original||—|
|Yoshi's Woolly World||Yoshi's Woolly World||Original||—|
|Paper Mario Medley||Paper Mario: Sticker Star / Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door||Arrangement Supervisor: Saki Kasuga||Collect CD|
|Try, Try Again||Mario & Luigi: Dream Team||Arrangement Supervisor: Yoko Shimomura||—|
|Tough Guy Alert!||Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story||Original||—|
Names in other languages
Yosshī Ūru Wārudo
|Yoshi's Wooly World|
|Dutch||Wollige Wereld||Woolly World|
|French||Monde de laine||Wool World|
|Italian||Mondo di lana||Wool World|
|Portuguese||Mundo de Lã||Wool World|
|Spanish||Reino de la lana||Wool Kingdom|
- The blocks and yarn in the space background resemble the level Tower Climb from Yoshi's Story.
- This is the only non-DLC stage in the Super Smash Bros. series to be based on a game released after the Smash Bros title.
- Along with Jungle Hijinxs, Orbital Gate Assault, and Pyrosphere, Woolly World is one of the only stages that appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to not reappear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- (Translated) Miiverse post by Masahiro Sakurai (November 6, 2014). Retrieved November 29, 2014.