|First appearance||Super Mario Galaxy (2007)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020)|
Mini Chomps, also known as Small Chomps, are small Chomps that appear in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. They act exactly like Chomps but are smaller and have high-pitched barks. Some Mini Chomps (such as the ones in Chompworks Galaxy) can go in a circular line, something that normal Chomps cannot do.
However, regardless of their size, they can only be defeated by being hit by Rainbow Mario, getting hit by a rubbery bulb, or being held by the co-op player's Star Pointer so that they hit each other. They release Star Bits when defeated.
In Super Mario Galaxy, they are only found in the Dreadnought's Colossal Cannons mission of Dreadnought Galaxy, where they roll out of doghouses down a slope covered in two sets of Flipswitch Panels. When one set of the panels is completed, all the Mini Chomps in that segment are immediately destroyed and stop respawning.
In Super Mario Galaxy 2, Small Chomps are encountered as early as the Sky Station Galaxy, specifically Storming the Sky Fleet, where they roll in circles on the starting planet. Later in the Chompworks Galaxy, they appear both rolling in circles and released from the same manner of holes as their larger counterparts, going in a straight line until they destruct against a hyperactive Gearmo.
|Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
|ObjectData/WanwanRollingMini.arc||Wanwan Rolling Mini||Mini Rolling Chomp|
Names in other languages
|Japanese||ミニワンワン (Super Mario Galaxy)
ちびワンワン (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
|French||Mini Chomp||Mini Chomp|
|German||Mini-Kettenhund||Mini Chain Chomp|
|Mini Chain Chomp|
Little Chain Chomp
- The barks that Mini Chomps make are similar to the barks that Chain Chomplets make.
- English Super Mario Galaxy entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 12, 2022, 23:39:09 UTC via archive.today.)
- English Super Mario Galaxy 2 entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 12, 2022, 23:39:46 UTC via archive.today.)
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Galaxy section, page 128.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Galaxy 2 section, page 160.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 128
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 160