- This article is about the crossover character. For the character from WarioWare Gold, see Amy and Mimi.
|Full name||Amy Rose|
|First appearance||Sonic the Hedgehog Shogakukan manga (1992, Sonic the Hedgehog franchise)|
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) (2007, Super Mario franchise)
|Latest appearance||Sonic Dream Team (2023, Sonic the Hedgehog franchise)|
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - Arcade Edition (2020, Super Mario franchise)
|Latest portrayal||Cindy Robinson (2010–present)|
Taeko Kawata (Japanese; 1998, 2001–present)
Amy Rose is a pink female anthropomorphic hedgehog from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise who is infatuated with Sonic. Her only appearances in the Super Mario franchise is in every installment of the Mario & Sonic series, as one of the participants in the Olympic events.
Mario & Sonic series
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Amy appears as an All-Around character, featuring good skill and stamina stats, average speed, and below average power.
Amy utilizes some sort of heart power similar to Peach for her special moves. In the Wii version for Amy's Dream Table Tennis special move, she laughs and hits the ball over the table covered with hearts with a "Go!". It hovers in above the table for a second, then plummets down. This move is quite easy to return, but if it does not, it will probably knock the opponent over. In Amy's fencing special move, she lunges forward, propelled by her heart power in one powerful jab.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Amy appears again as an All-Around character. Her special move has her spinning around with a bunch of hearts saying "Okay". In the Adventure Mode of the DS version, Amy is found in Sparkleton where she will join the player's team if the player beats her in Ski Shooting (Dream Biathlon). In Frostown, there is a mechanism that requires Amy to hit it with her Piko Piko Hammer.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Amy makes her next appearance in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, returning as an All-Around type playable. Like the other female athletes, she has a new outfit worn for Gymnastics and Aquatics Events, while keeping her winter outfit for Equestrian and wearing her sports outfit from the original game for all others. This is the first Mario & Sonic game to feature Amy being voiced by Cindy Robinson rather than Lisa Ortiz. In the game's opening, Amy appears with all of the other athletes at the start, as well as competing in Synchronized Swimming and 100m Freestyle. Amy also appears as one of the characters that can be spoken to in order to play minigames and win stickers in London Party mode.
In the Nintendo 3DS version, Amy is included in the Girls group, meaning that she an only be played as in certain events. In the Story Mode, Amy first appears when she finds Daisy in Hyde Park, and the pair are later attacked by imposters, causing them to collapse. They are later found by Peach, Blaze and three Toads, and after the purple Toad mentions seeing Rouge, the group find her and help her recover from being brainwashed. Rouge then leads them to the fog machine in Hyde Park, which Blaze destroys, and Amy, the rest of the girls, Toads and Rouge decide to stay there to keep an eye on it. Amy is later mentioned by Knuckles and Vector, who explain to Sonic that they had come looking for Bowser on a tip from Amy. Amy lose appears calling Mario, Luigi, Sonic and Tails to offer support when they face Bowser and Dr. Eggman, as well as appearing at the opening ceremony. In the bonus episodes, Amy appears helping Peach, Blaze and the Toads preparing the invitations for the Olympic Games, and challenges Blaze to an event so that she can deliver Sonic's invitation to him early. Although she wins the challenge, she stays behind anyway after Blaze accidentally scatters the invitations, and ends up rewriting Dr. Eggman's. When Daisy arrives, Amy tries to join her on a shopping trip, but after the pair are defeated in an event, they both stay behind to help finish the job. In the final episode, Bowser and Dr. Eggman arrive to try to get their invitations, but after Amy and Peach defeat them trying to make them wait, they decide to get them anyway. When Peach and Amy return, they find that Bowser and Dr. Eggman had left and assume that they found their invitations, and they head on a shopping trip with Daisy, Blaze and the Toads to celebrate the completion of the invitations. A badge of Amy can be obtained from the badge machine.
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Amy returns in Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, retaining her role as a playable All-Around type character. In Legends Showdown, she is in Area 2 with Knuckles, Wario and Waluigi, and shares victory animations with Sonic, Blaze, and Peach.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Amy returns as a playable character in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games as once again a all-round type. In the Nintendo 3DS version she is exclusive to 100m Freestyle and Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
Amy reappears as a playable character in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Like other Super Mario and Sonic characters, she wears appropriate clothing for the events. In Chapter 3 in Story Mode, Amy meets Luigi at the Olympic Stadium and asks him to compete in the 100m with her, but Luigi is searching for Tails (after she learned from Omochao). Amy tells Luigi that she can help him find Tails afterwards. After the match, Amy and Luigi head to the Karate Venue to find Tails.
She is also playable in the arcade version, as an All-Around character. Here, she has good technique, above average power, and average speed.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Official profiles and statistics
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Profile: Sonic's wanna-be girlfriend presents an All-Around set of skills that allow her to achieve success in many different events. She's not the most powerful athlete out there, but she can still surprise most of the competition in a variety of ways.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Profile: Amy Rose is both graceful and powerful, and is a valuable member of Sonic's crew. While she tends to find herself following Sonic, Amy has come to the Olympic Winter Games to be a serious competitor. With the Pink Typhoon ability on the Wii and DS, and the Rose Spin ability on DS, Amy hopes to win over Sonic by bringing home the gold!
The Wii-stats are on the left, and the DS stats are on the right.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Appears in:
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CD
- GCN SONIC HEROES
- A Sonic-obsessed pink hedgehog whose full name is Amy Rose. Amy is Sonic's self-appointed girlfriend. She is almost always optimistic and cheerful, and while she motivates her friends, she also shows aggressive tendencies, like when she uses her massive Piko Piko Hammer. Speaking of which, her hammer's hiding spot remains unknown to this day.
- Name: Amy Rose
- Artwork from: Sonic CD
- Effects: [Leg] - Attack +14
- Usable by: Sonic
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
- Appears in:
- Sonic CD (11/1993)
- GCN Sonic Heroes (1/2004)
- Amy has two favorite things in this world: Sonic...and soft-serve ice cream. She might not seem tough–what with her love of ice cream and addiction to fortune-telling - but don't be taken in! The business end of her Piko Piko Hammer will give anyone who underestimates her a massive headache. (American English)
- Amy has two favourite things in this world: Sonic...and soft ice cream. She might not seem tough, what with her love of ice cream - not to mention her addiction to fortune-telling - but don't be taken in! The business end of her Piko Piko Hammer will make sure that underestimating her is a massive headache! (British English)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirit
|Name||Image||Game||Type||Class||Effect||How to obtain||Spirit battle|
|Amy||Sonic the Hedgehog Series||Support (1)||Ace||Shield Damage ↑||World of Light (Dark Realm); Spirit Board||Inkling (♀)||Rule: Item: Hammer
||Windy Hill Zone||Open Your Heart|
For the Mario & Sonic Olympics game installments (as well as the related Sonic franchise itself), Amy has been portrayed by the following:
- Lisa Ortiz (2005-2010)
- Cindy Robinson (2010-present)
- Takeo Kawata (Japanese; 1998, 2001-present)
- Naïké Fauveau (French; 2011-present)
- Serena Clerici (Italian; 2011-present)
- Shandra Schadt (German; 2011-2017)
- Anna Gamburg (German; 2019-present)
- Meritxell Ribera (Spanish; 2011-present)
- For this subject's image gallery, see Gallery:Amy.
| Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - "(Giggles) Let's do this!" (Cindy Robinson, 2011)||File info|
| Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games - "Leave it to me!" (Cindy Robinson, 2013; recycled from Sonic Generations)||File info|
Names in other languages