Equestrian - Show Jumping
- This article is about the single player event in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii). For the team event in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo 3DS), see Show Jumping (Team).
|Equestrian - Show Jumping|
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, players compete to ride a horse around an obstacle course in the fastest time.|
|Controls||Start: Swing Wii Remote (and Nunchuk) down|
Speed up: Swing Wii Remote (and Nunchuk) down
Equestrian - Show Jumping is an Event that appears exclusively in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is set in Greenwich Park. The objective of the event is to ride a horse through an obstacle course and reach the finish line in the fastest time. Luigi can be seen taking part in this event during the opening, and the starting record in the event is held by Luigi at 1:08.106.
This events starts with the player's character being announced, before showing the character near the starting line. Before the race starts, the player is able to hold or (depending on the play style) to charge up and get a short boost. When the word "Go" appears on screen, the player must swing down the Wii remote to start the event. Doing so with perfect timing grants the player a starting dash. Not too far from the start the first obstacle appears. The player needs to jump over using or (depending on the play style). Too early or too late results in a penalty of points and speed and the counter does not go up. The player then needs to go through the other obstacles while tilting the Wii Remote (and Nunchuk). Also, the player needs to keep/gain speed by swinging the Wii Remote (and Nunchuk) down. There are a total of 10 obstacles (5 in London Party) to jump over. After jumping over all the obstacles, the player is given a chance to race to the finish line by swinging the Wii Remote (and Nunchuk) up and down multiple times. After crossing the finish line, the player's time is recorded and the total penalty is shown separately. If multiple people are playing, it goes to the next person.
Wii Remote (sideways)
- Start: Swing Wii Remote down
- Speed up: Swing Wii Remote down
- Swing the Wii Remote when "GO!" appears on the screen for a Starting Dash!
- Tilt the Wii Remote to lead your horse left or right. Use this to maintain balance on corners.
Wii Remote and Nunchuk
- Start: Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk down
- Speed up: Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk down
- Swing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk when "GO!" appears on the screen for a Starting Dash!
- Tilt the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to lead your horse left or right. Use this to maintain balance on corners.
- If your timing is perfect when you jump over an obstacle, you will gain speed after you land.
- You'll fall off if you take corners too fast. Tilt the Wii Remote (and Nunchuk) to take the inside line.
- A time penalty will be added to your total time if you hit an obstacle, so do your best to avoid them.
The Equestrian Legend challenge is achieved by performing rows with perfect timing a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1- Jump 10 obstacles with PERFECT timing
- Lv. 2- Jump 20 obstacles with PERFECT timing
- Lv. 3- Jump 30 obstacles with PERFECT timing
Names in other languages
Bajutsu Shōgai Tobikoshi
|Equestrian Show Jumping|
|Dutch||Ruitersport - springen||Equestrian - Jumping|
|French||Équitation - Saut d'obstacles||Equestrian - Show Jumping|
|Italian||Equitazione - Salto a ostacoli||Horse Riding - Show Jumping|
|Spanish||Hípica: salto ecuestre||Horse Riding: equestrian jumping|