110m Hurdles (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, players compete on a track with hurdles to reach the finish in the fastest time by jumping over hurdles.|
|Controls||Start: Swing Wii Remote down.|
Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
110m Hurdles is a track Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to reach the finish line in the fastest time by jumping over hurdles, with the event taking place in the Olympic Stadium. Sonic is seen competing in this event in the game's opening. The starting Olympic record in this event is held by Sonic at 12.91 seconds.
This events starts with each of the players' characters being announced, before showing them on the starting line. Before the race starts, the player is able to hold to charge up and get a short boost. When the word "Go" appears on screen, the player must swing down the Wii remote to start the event. Doing so with perfect timing grants the player a starting dash. The player must then constantly shake the Wii remote as fast as possible to cause their character to run. However, the player needs to jump with to get over hurdles or lose lots of speed. The player is also able to perform a special dash at any point in the event to give their character a short speed boost by pressing . When the player approaches the finish line, they can press to lead with their chest which also provides a small speed boost. Toad and Espio appear as referees in this event and alternate between being at the start and end of the running track.
- Start: Swing Wii Remote down.
- Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
- Shake the Wii Remote when "GO!" appears on the screen for a Starting Dash!
- Press for a Special Dash that boosts your character's speed.
- Adjust your timing to jump from the yellow line before the hurdles for a speed boost.
- Press just before the finish line and your character will lead with his or her chest.
- Press 3 times before holding it and releasing at just the right moment for a super starting dash.
The Hurdle Master challenge is jumping over hurdles with PERFECT timing a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1-Jump 10 hurdles with PERFECT timing.
- Lv. 2-Jump 20 hurdles with PERFECT timing.
- Lv. 3-Jump 30 hurdles with PERFECT timing.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||110 m horden||110m Hurdles|
|French||110m haies||110m Hurdles|
|German||110m Hürdenlauf||110m Hurdles|
|Italian||110m a ostacoli||110m with obstacles|
|Spanish||110m vallas||110m Hurdles|