Long Jump (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, players run, then jump to see who can jump the farthest.|
|Controls||Appeal: Swing Wii Remote|
Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down
Long Jump is a field Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to jump the farthest, with the event taking place in the Olympic Stadium. The starting Olympic record in this event is held by Bowser Jr. at 8.900 meters.
This events starts with the player's character being announced, before the character appeals to the crowd. During the appeal, the player needs to swing the remote from right to left with good timing to get a better start speed. The player then needs to shake the Wii remote up and down or else lose speed overtime. Once the character gets to the line, the player needs to hit to jump and score. Failure or being late results in a foul and leads to an xed rectangle and no meters. The announcer then reveals the player's place. If multiple people are playing, it goes to the next person. If there are multiple tries, it goes through the list again, but without a special character announcement. Instead, it will say, the characters name and "Beginning play", where the player needs to hit to do the appeal. At the end, the farthest distance is taken for their score.
- Appeal:Swing Wii Remote
- Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
- Appeal to the crowd in time to the applause to build up power for faster run-up speed.
- Jump right behind the line for a Special Jump and added distance!
- Swing the Wii Remote up after you jump to stay in the air longer and you will go further.
The Long Jumper challenge is completed by doing Special Jumps a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1-Perform a Special Jump 5 times in the Long Jump.
- Lv. 2-Perform a Special Jump 10 times in the Long Jump.
- Lv. 3-Perform a Special Jump 15 times in the Long Jump.
Names in other languages
|French||Saut en longueur||Long Jump|
|Italian||Salto in lungo||Long Jump|
|Spanish||Salto de longitud||Long Jump|