|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, players run on a revolving stage to jump over hurdles and rivals for points.|
|Controls||Forward/back: Control Pad left/right|
Change lane: Control up/down
Dream Hurdles is a Dream Event that appears exclusively in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is set in Battlerock Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy. The starting Olympic record is held by Luigi at 119 points.
In this event, players move around a spinning Topmaniac's Saucer with the character in first showing on a screen. To earn points, players need to jump over hurdles and rivals. Players can leapfrog rivals to remove a point from them. While traveling on the saucer, players can encounter ? Switches that can change the speed or give an item. If it is a Green Shell, two appear and can be kicked. If a Green Shell hits someone, they lose five points. If it is a Super Star, the player becomes invincible and can gain points by simply running into their rivals.
- Rotation Speed Up
- Rotation Speed Down
- Reverse Rotation
- Max Rotation Speed
- Green Shells On
- Super Star's On
- Forward/back: Control Pad left/right
- Change lane: Control up/down
- Press when behind a rival to leapfrog over them!
- You can vary your jump height by adjusting how long you hold down .
- Hitting the ? Switch can have various effects--the rotation might speed up, or even change direction.
- Get hit by a moving Green Shell and you'll lose 5 points!
- Get a Super Star and you'll be invincible! Run into rivals to get points.
The Leapfrog Artist challenge is achieved by leapfrogging another player a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1- Leapfrog another racer 10 times
- Lv. 2- Leapfrog another racer 20 times
- Lv. 3- Leapfrog another racer 30 times
Names in other languages
|French||Haies Rêve||Dream Hurdles|
|German||Hürdenlauf (Traum)||hurdling (Dream)|
|Italian||Ostacoli Sogno||Dream Obstacles|
|Spanish||Vallas Fantasía||Fences Fantasy|
- The speed of the background music will change if the speed of the rotation changes. The pitch of the music also is changed by the speed.