100m (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, players compete on a 100m track to reach the finish in the fastest time.|
|Controls||Start: Swing Wii Remote down.|
Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
100m (also referred to 100m Sprint) is a track Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to reach the finish line in the fastest time, with the event taking place in the Olympic Stadium. The starting Olympic record in this event is held by Mario at 9.69 seconds.
This events starts with each of the players' characters being announced, before showing them on the starting line. Before the race starts, the player is able to hold to charge up and get a short boost. When the word "Go" appears on screen, the player must swing down the Wii remote to start the event. Doing so with perfect timing grants the player a starting dash. The player must then constantly shake the Wii remote as fast as possible to cause their character to run. The player is also able to perform a special dash at any point in the event to give their character a short speed boost by pressing . When the player approaches the finish line, they can press to lead with their chest which also provides a small speed boost. The player can change the perspective of the event from behind the runners to alongside them at any point in the event by pressing the control pad. Toad and Espio appear as referees in this event and alternate between being at the start and end of the running track.
- Start: Swing Wii Remote down.
- Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
- Shake the Wii Remote when "GO!" appears on the screen for a Starting Dash!
- Press for a Special Dash that boosts your character's speed.
- Press just before the finish line and your character will lead with his or her chest.
- Press 3 times before holding it and releasing at just the right moment for a super starting dash.
The Sprint King challenge is completed by finishing chest first a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1-Finish chest-first once in the 100m Sprint.
- Lv. 2-Finish chest-first 3 times in the 100m Sprint.
- Lv. 3-Finish chest-first 5 times in the 100m Sprint.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||100 m sprint||100m Sprint|
|German||100m Lauf||100m Run|
|Italian||100m piani||100m flat|