4x100m Relay (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, teams of 4 compete to reach the finish in the fastest time.|
|Controls||Start: Swing Wii Remote down.|
Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
Pass baton: Swing Wii Remote down.
4x100m Relay is a track Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is set in the Olympic Stadium. The objective of the event is to reach the finish line in the fastest time. The starting Olympic record in this event is held by Team Shadow at 37.10 seconds.
During London Party mode, when the player faces off E-123 Omega for the rematch, they compete in this sport.
This events starts with each of the players' team leaders being announced, before showing them on the starting line. Before the race starts, the player is able to hold to charge up and get a short boost. When the word "Go" appears on screen, the player must swing down the Wii remote to start the event. Doing so with perfect timing grants the player a starting dash. The player must then constantly shake the Wii remote as fast as possible to cause their character to run. The player is also able to perform a special dash at any point in the event to give their character a short speed boost by pressing . All four team members can do this in a single race. When the player approaches another player, the one receiving the baton will start running. During their start, the baton is passed from one player to the other. However, if the player does not swing the Wii Remote down, it is passed automatically, but with a speed drop. When the player approaches the finish line, they can press to lead with their chest which also provides a small speed boost. Toad and Espio appear as referees in this event and alternate between being at the start and end of the running track.
- Start: Swing Wii Remote down.
- Run: Swing Wii Remote up and down.
- Pass baton: Swing Wii Remote down.
- Shake the Wii Remote when "GO!" appears on the screen for a Starting Dash!
- Press for a Special Dash that boosts your character's speed.
- Pass the baton with the right timing for a speed boost.
- Press just before the finish line and your character will lead with his or her chest.
- Press 3 times before holding it and releasing at just the right moment for a super starting dash.
The Baton Master challenge is completed by passing the baton with PERFECT timing a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1-Pass the baton with PERFECT timing 5 times.
- Lv. 2-Pass the baton with PERFECT timing 10 times.
- Lv. 3-Pass the baton with PERFECT timing 15 times.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||4x100 m estafette||4x100m Relay|
|French||4x100m relais||4x100m Relay|
|German||4x100m Staffel||4x100m Relay|
|Italian||Staffetta 4X100m||4x100m Relay|
|Spanish||Relevos 4x100m||4x100m Relay|