|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||In this event, players compete for the best overall score by performing on high and low bars.|
Rotate: Swing Wii Remote (& Nunchuk) down
Jump: release ()
Uneven Bars is a Gymnastics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to score the most points, with the event taking place in the North Greenwich Arena. Tails can be seen competing in this event in the game's opening. The starting Olympic record in this event is held by Tails at 27.00 points. The max number of points that can be earned is 30.00 points. The minimum actual points that can be earn is 5.30 points.
This events starts with the player's character being announced, before showing the player the character near the bars. Here, the player must grab the bar by holding (). Not grabbing onto the first bar after a countdown from three results in a time's up and leads to --.-- points. After grabbing the first bar, the character swings. While swinging, circles appear and become smaller. Swinging down right as the circle disappears results in faster speeds. Letting go with releasing () or the timer expire after a countdown from three results in a 1.00 pts to 3.00 points. The player must then grab the bar with a 0.00 to 1.00 points added or lose 0.50 points and have to wait a bit to continue. On the third jump from the high bar, the player goes to the low bar then back then next jump. This is repeated again. After going on the lower bar two times, the character turns around to land on a mattress with 4.30 points. Timing with perfect timing results in a perfect 1.00 points. Getting close to perfect timing results in 0.99 points. In both cases, the player is able to pose by moving the Wii remote up and earn .20 points. Not doing so by being too early or too late results in 0.00 points if early and -3.00 points if late. If multiple people are playing, it goes to the next person.
- Rotate: Swing Wii Remote down.
- Jump: release
- Press and hold to begin! Swing the Wii Remote down when the circle disappears to increase turning speed.
- Release to jump from the bar you are holding. Press as you touch the bar to catch it!
Wii Remote and Nunchuk
- Rotate: Swing Wii Remote & Nunchuk down.
- Jump (not in controls): release
- Hold to begin! Swing the Nunchuk and Wii Remote down when the circle disappears to increase turning speed.
- Release to let go of the bar you are holding. Press as you touch the bar to catch it!
- The more momentum your character has, the higher the performance level will be when you jump.
The Master of the Bars challenge is completed by landing at the end with perfect timing a number of times in this event. The criteria for unlocking each achievement are as follows:
- Lv. 1-Nail the landing with perfect timing once.
- Lv. 2-Nail the landing with perfect timing 3 times.
- Lv. 3-Nail the landing with perfect timing 5 times.
Names in other languages
|Uneven Parallel Bars|
|Dutch||Ongelijke brug||Uneven Bridge|
|French||Barres asymétriques||Uneven Bars|
|Italian||Parallele asimmetriche||Asymmetric Parallels|
|Spanish||Barras asimétricas||Uneven Bars|