Javelin Throw (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||Sprint down the runway to build momentum and throw the javelin as far as you can into the landing area. Time your throw carefully to avoid crossing the foul line, or the attempt will not count. The best of three attempts is recorded.|
|Controls||Run: Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately|
Throw javelin: Press the A and B buttons and swing Wii Remote down
Javelin Throw is a Field Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The objective of the event is to throw the javelin as far as possible. Knuckles can be seen competing in this event in the game's opening. The starting world record for this event is 98.48m, while the starting Olympic record is 90.17m. Toad, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Espio and Cream appear as referees in this event.
In this event, the player has three attempts to throw the javelin as far as possible, with the furthest of the three being recorded as the player's final distance and used to decide their placing in the event. To start each attempt, the player must swing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up and down alternately to start running and build up power. The faster the player swings the controllers, the faster the character will run and the more power they will build up, allowing them to throw the javelin further. After a while, their speed will be locked, and the player must hold and at the same time as swinging the Wii Remote down to throw the javelin. They must throw it before the foul line, or they will be awarded a foul and no distance will be recorded for the attempt. The player must not swing the Wii Remote down too softly or too hard, as they will receive a "Bad" rating, indicated on a meter, and the javelin will not fly as far, but can receive "Good" and "Great" ratings for better swings. The distance the javelin flies is affected by the player's running speed, the distance before the foul line from which the throw takes lace and how hard the Wii Remote was swung when throwing the javelin.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- In this event you'll run and throw a javelin for maximum distance. Build up power while running, then throw when as close to the line as possible.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. Shake them alternately to run and build up power.
- When "SPEED LOCKED" appears, you can stop running. Lower the Wii Remote while pressing and to throw the javelin just before the line. Swinging too hard causes a failed throw.
- You can also play this event with only the Wii Remote. Shake the Wii Remote up and down to run and build up power.
- Knuckles: Knuckles' first mission is to throw the javelin between 40 and 50 metres.
- Bowser: Bowser's second mission is to throw the javelin between 50 and 55 metres.
- Wario: Wario's fourth mission is to throw the javelin as close to the foul line as possible with two attempts.
- Daisy: Daisy's first mission is to throw the javelin as close to the foul line as possible with one attempt.
- Waluigi: Waluigi's first mission is to throw the javelin between 30 and 50 metres.
Amy competing in Javelin Throw.
Names in other languages