110m Hurdles (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||Kick off from the starting blocks and sprint towards the finish line as quickly as you can, leaping across the hurdles positioned along your path. You won't be penalized for knocking hurdles down, but it will cost you valuable few seconds each time.|
|Controls||Charge: Hold B|
Run: Shake Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately
Jump hurdle: Press B
110m Hurdles is a track Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The aim of the event is to jump the hurdles and reach the end of the track in the fastest time. Luigi, Shadow, Yoshi and Blaze can be seen competing in this event in the game's opening. The starting world record for this event is 12.88 seconds, while the starting Olympic record is 12.91 seconds.
This event starts with the character's names and lane numbers being announced before showing the characters preparing to start running. When "Ready?" appears on the screen, the player can hold down to build up power, allowing them to perform a faster start the longer that they hold it for. When "Go!" appears, the player can swing the Wii Remote down to start running. If they do so with perfect timing, they will perform a Rocket Start and receive a much greater speed boost. However, doing so too early will cause them to perform a foul and the event to be started over. Once the player starts running, the player must quickly swing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up and down to run faster, with their speed being shown on the meter in the top left hand corner of the screen. To jump the hurdles, the player must press just before they reach the hurdle. Doing so with good timing will give them a short speed boost after jumping the hurdle, with the size of the boost depending on how well timed the jump was however, doing so too early or too late will cause the character to knock the hurdle over and lose speed. The number of hurdles remaining before the finish line is shown over the top of each hurdle before it is jumped. The player is also able to lead with their chest by pressing just before the finish line to finish slightly faster.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- This event is a 110 meter race with 10 hurdles to jump before the goal. To get a good time you'll need to smoothly clear each hurdle.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. While "READY" is displayed, press to build up energy.
- When "GO!" appears, swing the Wii Remote down and release to start running.
- You can speed up by quickly alternating the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- Press before a hurdle to jump over it. You can speed up by jumping at exactly the right time.
- You can also play this event with only the Wii Remote. Shake the Wii Remote to speed up.
- Wario: Wario's sixth mission is to win the event after getting a perfect rating for every jump.
- Amy: Amy's sixth mission is to win the event after getting a perfect rating for every jump.
- Blaze: Blaze's fifth mission is to cross the finish line before Peach.
- Shadow: Shadow's third mission is to cross the finish line before Blaze.
Names in other languages
Hyakujū Mētoru Hādoru