Long Jump (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||Sprint down the runway and jump off the wooden board as far as you can into the sand-filled pit. If your leap begins with any part of your foot in front of the board, it will be a foul and the distance will not be recorded. The best of three attempts will be recorded.|
|Controls||Clap: Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk together|
Run: Shake Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately
Jump: Swing Wii Remote up
Long Jump is a field Athletics Event in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The objective of the event is to jump as far as possible using only a single jump. The starting world record for this event is 8.95m, while the starting Olympic record is 8.90m. Lakitu, Toad, Charmy and Cream appear as referees in this event.
This event starts with the character's name and the number of their try being announced, before prompting the player to swing their Wii Remote and Nunchuk together and away from each other again in a clapping motion. The character will then clap six times to appeal to the audience, which will allow the character to jump further. To prepare to jump, the player must press the A Button, which will also allow them to skip the athlete introduction. They must then shake the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up and down alternately to run up to the takeoff board. The faster the player shakes, the faster the character runs and the further they will jump. After a while, their speed will be locked and the player can stop shaking and prepare for the jump. As they approach the takeoff board, the player can swing the Wii Remote upwards once to jump. The distance of the jump is affected by ow close to the foul line the player swings and how hard the Wii Remote was swung, as the character will jump poorly and receive a "Bad" rating if they swing too hard or too softly. The player can also receive "Good" and "Great" ratings depending on how well they performed the jump. Once the character lands, one of the referees will tell them the distance of their jump, followed by showing the player how close to the foul line their takeoff was. If the player fails to jump or jumps after the foul line, their jump will be instantly declared a foul and no distance will be recorded. The player has three attempts in the event, with the furthest of the three being recorded as their final distance.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- In this event you'll run to build up speed and jump for maximum distance. Your running speed, jump timing and strength will affect your result.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. At the athlete introduction, swing them side to side in a clapping motion to draw applause.
- Alternate shaking the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk to begin your approach. The faster you shake, the further you will be able to jump.
- When "SPEED LOCKED" appears, stop shaking the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to prepare for the jump.
- Raise the Wii Remote to jump before you run past the takeoff board. If you swing up too hard, your jump will fail.
- Wario: Wario's second mission is to perform two perfect jumps without touching the foul line.
- Mario: Mario's first mission is to perform a perfect jump.
Mario competing in Long Jump
Names in other languages