Hammer Throw (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||Take the hammer in hand, spin on the spot to build up momentum, and release the hammer in the direction of the landing area before the countdown runs out. The further away it lands, the better your score. The best of three attempts is recorded.|
|Controls||Pick up hammer: Press the A Button|
Swing hammer: Swing Wii Remote
Throw hammer: Press the B Button
Hammer Throw is a Field Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The objective of the event is to throw the hammer as far as possible. Bowser can be seen taking part in this event in the game's opening, with Cream appearing as a referee. The starting world record for this event is 86.74m, while the starting Olympic record is 84.80m. Shy Guy, Lakitu, Espio and Charmy also appear as referees in this event.
In this event, the player has three attempts to throw the hammer as far as possible, with the best of the three being recorded as the final result and used to decide the player's placement. To start swinging the hammer, the player must press once, and then must swing the Wii Remote in a circular motion to build up momentum. The faster the player swings the Wii Remote, the more momentum will be built up and the further the hammer will fly. A countdown will appear on the screen, and at the end of it the player must release the hammer by pressing , when the exclamation mark appears. If the player swings the hammer for too long, they will receive a foul and no distance will be recorded. If the player throws the hammer at the right time, it will fly along the field with the distance displayed, while the final distance is announced by two of the referees when the hammer lands. The player will, however, also receive a foul if the hammer lands outside of the markings or hits the wall of the cage instead of flying out onto the field.
- This event is played with the Wii Remote held vertically.
- In this event you'll see how far you can throw a hammer. Build energy by spinning fast and long, and get a high score by throwing with good timing.
- This event is played with only the Wii Remote, held vertically. Press to begin spinning the hammer.
- Rotate the Wii Remote to build up power. The amount of power is shown by the color of the hammer's arc.
- Press to throw the hammer.
- Bowser: Bowser's fourth mission is to throw the hammer between 50 and 55 metres.
- Yoshi: Yoshi's first mission is to throw the hammer perfectly.
- Peach: Peach's second mission is to throw the hammer and shout afterwards three times.
- Tails: Tails' third mission is to perform three perfect hammer throws.
- Dr. Eggman: Dr. Eggman's third mission is to throw the hammer between 50 and 55 metres three times.
Names in other languages