|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Controls||Paddle: Slide up and down on the Touch Screen.|
Jump: Touch twice on the Touch Screen.
Change direction: Press left and right on the Control Pad or the A and Y Buttons.
Use items: Touch item window or press L and R Buttons.
Big Bang Circuit
Dream Canoe is a Dream Event that appears exclusively in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It occurs on Splash Ocean. The objective of the event is to collect the most Coins within the time limit. It is unlocked by completing the Sunlight Circuit.
In this event, the player attempts to collect the most Coins within a set time limit. The time limit can be adjusted in the Set Rules menu to be either one, two or three minutes. To move forward, the player must slide up and down on the Touch Screen to cause their character to paddle. They can change direction by either pressing left and right on , or to turn to the right and to turn to the left. The player is also able to tap twice quickly on the Touch Screen to allow them to jump over Red and Green Shell items. The player collects coins either by picking them up from various locations around the map, or by stealing them from another player using items. Items are collected by canoeing into the Item Boxes scattered around the course, and can be used to steal three coins from opponents if the player uses them successfully, though will likewise lose three coins if hit by the opponents' items. The player can use these items by pressing or or by touching on the item window in the top left hand corner of the Touch Screen. The items available in the item boxes are:
- Green Shell: Comes in a set of five and can be thrown straight ahead to attempt to hit opponents. Bounces off the edges of the arena and islands and disappears after a short while, can be jumped over.
- Red Shell: Comes in a set of three and homes in on opponents. Will be destroyed if it hits the edge of the arena or an island and can be jumped over.
- Spiny Shell: Flies to and hits the character currently in first place, unless the character in first uses it, in which case it will target second place. Cannot be avoided if caught in the explosion.
- Bomb: Comes in a set of three and can be thrown into the water, exploding after a short period of time. Cannot be avoided.
- Starman: Grants the player invincibility from all items for a short period of time, indicated by them changing color and having a sparkling effect.
- Use the stylus and buttons to play this event.
- Control the canoe and collect coins!
- Slide vertically on the centre of the Touch Screen to move forward.
- Press the +Control Pad left or right or use the A and Y Buttons to change direction.
- Get items by picking up the item boxes along the course.
- You can use items by touching the Item Window located on the upper left, or by pressing the L Button (or R Button).
- Use items to disrupt your opponents and take their coins.
- On the other hand, your own coins will be stolen if you are hit by your opponents' items.
- Double Touch the Touch Screen to jump and avoid obstacles!
- The character who collects the most coins wins!
- Green Shell
Flies straight at opponent.
- Red Shell
Homes in on opponent.
- Spiny Shell
Automatically hits opponent.
Makes you invincible for a limited time.
Affects the area around it when it explodes.
- Vector: Vector's fifth mission is to use items on all of his opponents.
- Yoshi: Yoshi's fifth mission is to collect 20 coins within 60 seconds.
- Waluigi: Waluigi's fifth mission is to avoid his opponents' attacks for 30 seconds.
- Tails: Tails' sixth mission is to defeat Yoshi.
Luigi competing in Dream Canoe
Names in other languages