Long Jump (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Nintendo DS)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Info||Sprint down the runway and jump off the wooden board as far as you can into the sand-filled pit. Getting a good angle is the key to increasing the distance of your jump. If your leap begins with any part of your foot in front of the board, then the attempt will be disqualified. The best of three attempts will count as you official jump.|
|Controls||Work up crowd: Clap into microphone.|
Run: Slide left and right.
Jump: Slide across the Touch Screen.
Long Jump is an Athletics Event that appears in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The objective of the event is to jump as far as possible with one single jump. Toad and Cream appear as referees in this event. If Super Mario characters are used, Toad is the referee, and if Sonic characters are used, then Cream is. The starting world record for this event is 8.95, while the starting Olympic record is 8.90.
In this event, the player starts by clapping near the microphone to work up the crowd and gain inspiration, though this can also be done by simply blowing into the microphone. The amount of inspiration is shown on a meter onscreen, with a greater amount of inspiration allowing the player to jump further. If the player does not clap continuously, however, the amount of inspiration will slowly drop. After a few seconds, the player then begins the 40 metre run-up to the foul line, by sliding left and right on the Touch Screen to build up speed. When the player reaches 15m before the foul line, their speed will be locked and the player must then wait for the character to approach the foul line. The player must then slide upwards as close to the foul line as possible to jump, though if they fail to slide before the foul line, the character will still jump but the distance will not be recorded and the attempt marked as a foul. The angle at which the player slides also impacts the jump, with an angle as close as possible to 45° being ideal for achieving the best distance. The player's jump will occasionally be rated "Good" or "Great" if they are able to perform their jump very close to the foul line and at an efficient angle, and will jump a fairly long distance. The player gets three attempts in this event, with each distance being recorded and the best one being used as the final distance that decides their placing in the event.
- Use the stylus to play this event.
- Clap near the microphone to work up the crowd. Maybe it will help you jump farther!
- Run by sliding left and right on the Touch Screen.
- When "SPEED LOCKED" appears, you speed will be set.
- At the takeoff board, slide on the Touch Screen at the angle you want to jump.
- Running speed, jump timing, and angle will all affect your result.
- Mario: Mario's first mission is to perform three successful jumps that total over 20 metres.
- Amy: Amy's fourth mission is to receive a "Great" rating on a jump.
- Peach: Peach's second mission is to perform a jump between 6 and 7 metres.
- Dr. Eggman: Dr. Eggman's first mission is to jump over 6m with an angle of at least 50°.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Salto in lungo|