Trampoline (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Nintendo DS)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Info||Use the trampoline to propel yourself high in the air and perform spins and somersaults to gain points. As you land, be sure to prepare yourself for a good high jump for the next set of moves. Try to make each jump count.|
|Controls||Jump: Slide upwards on the Touch Screen.|
Perform moves: Input commands on the Touch Screen.
Trampoline is a Gymnastics Event that appears in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Indoor Stadium. The objective of this event is to score as many points as possible over a limited number of jumps. Lakitu, Shy Guy, Toad, Espio, Cream and Charmy appear as judges in this event. If Super Mario characters are used, Lakitu, Toad and Shy Guy are the referees, and if Sonic characters are used, then Charmy, Cream and Espio are.
In this event, the player starts by sliding upwards on the Touch Screen to cause their character to jump. The player must reach a certain height to be able to begin performing moves within the 20 second time limit, or the performance will start automatically. The player will jump higher if they slide with better timing, with musical notes appearing from the trampoline if they jump with perfect timing, though if they fail to slide in time the character will only jump a smaller height, though they will jump automatically with a very low height if the player fails to slide at all. Once the routine has started, the player will need to continue to jump but must now input several commands when they get into the air. The amount of commands required as well as the complexity increases as the event continues. The commands featured are straight slides in all directions and diagonals, two direction diagonals, briefly rubbing the Touch Screen, drawing circles and simply touching the Touch Screen. If the player inputs all of them successfully, they will receive a "Good" rating and the character will start to receive a glowing trail, but will otherwise receive the rating "Unsatisfactory". The player will initially have ten jumps, though if they manage to perform all of them with a "Good" rating and a perfectly timed jump, they will be extended another five jumps. This will continue to happen until they reach thirty jumps, at which point the event will end. Once the player has completed all of their jumps, they will be given their score, with a maximum of ten, and will then be given their placing in the event.
- Use the stylus to play the event.
- Slide upward on the Touch Screen to jump. Continue to slide when the character touches the mat.
- Your routine begins in 20 seconds, or if you jump a certain height.
- Follow the commands on the top screen, and slide on the Touch Screen before landing on the trampoline.
- Keep successfully entering commands to keep your routine going longer than 10 jumps (up to 30 jumps max)!
- Vector: Vector's third mission is to earn eight "Good" ratings during the performance.
- Amy: Amy's second mission is to earn "Good" ratings for every jump.
- Daisy: Daisy's second mission is to earn seven "Good" ratings during the performance.
- Yoshi: Yoshi's third mission is to enter 32 or more performance commands.
- Tails: Tails' third mission is to earn eight "Good" ratings during the performance.
Names in other languages