400m Hurdles (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
|Kick off from the starting blocks and endure a 400 meter course to the finishing line, leaping across the hurdles positioned along your path. Be sure to save up your energy for the final sprint, or you may wear yourself out and lose your competitive edge.
|Charge: Hold the B Button
Run: Shake Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately
Jump hurdle: Press the B Button
Final sprint: Hold the A Button
400m Hurdles is a track Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The aim of the event is to reach the end of the 400m track in the fastest time while jumping over the hurdles. To unlock this event, the player must complete the Sunlight Circuit. The starting world and Olympic record for this event is 46.78 seconds.
This event starts by introducing the characters and their lane numbers, before showing the characters preparing to get started on the blocks. When "Ready" appears on the screen, the player can press and hold to charge up power and allow them to perform a faster start. When "Go!" appears, the player can release and swing the Wii Remote down to start. Doing so with perfect timing will allow them to perform a Rocket Start, however doing so too early will cause them to perform a foul and the event to be restarted. Once the character starts running, the player can swing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up and down alternately to cause their speed to increase, shown by a meter in the top left hand corner of the screen. However, running within the red part of the meter will cause the player's stamina to decrease, indicated in the heart-shaped meter, which will cause the character to stagger and slow down hen fully depleted. The meter is refilled when the character runs at a lower speed or ends up staggering. The player will also have to jump over 10 hurdles along the course, with the number remaining indicated by a marker over each hurdle. To jump them, the player must press , doing so with good timing will give them a speed boost when they land, the size of which is related to the timing of the jump, however doing so wit poor timing will cause the character to knock over the hurdle and lose speed. After the seventh hurdle, the player can hold to use their stamina for a final sprint, which depletes the meter quite quickly but allows the character to run much faster. When the player reaches the finish line, the player can press to lea with their chest and finish in a slightly faster time.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- This event is a 400 meter race with 10 hurdles. If you run too quickly you'll run out of stamina, so watch both your speed and the hurdles.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. While "READY" is displayed, press to build up energy.
- When "GO!" appears, swing the Wii Remote down and release to start running.
- You can speed up by quickly alternating the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk up and down.
- Press just before a hurdle to jump over it. You can speed up by jumping at exactly the right time.
- If you run too fast, you'll run out of stamina. In the final 100 meters, hold while running to use your remaining stamina in the final sprint.
- You can also play this event with only the Wii Remote. Shake the Wii Remote to speed up.
Profiles and statistics
|Bowser's third mission is to complete the event in a time between 45 and 53 seconds without knocking over any hurdles.
|Daisy's third mission is to complete the event in a time between 45 and 53 seconds without knocking over any hurdles.
|Waluigi's sixth mission is to beat Luigi, who has a head start in the race.
|Sonic's fifth mission is to place first while staggering over the finish line.
Names in other languages