Dream Fencing (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Controls||Move: Left and right with the Control Stick.|
Thrust: Thrust Wii Remote forward.
Parry: Hold the A Button and swing Wii Remote upwards.
Feint: Press the B Button.
Special attack: Hold the A and B Buttons and thrust the Wii Remote.
Big Bang Circuit
Dream Fencing is a Dream Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to fully deplete the other character's health, with the event taking place at the Duel Wharf Fencing Beach. To unlock this event, the player must complete the Comet Circuit. Toad and Cream appear as referees in this event.
In this event, the player plays two matches, a qualifying match against a random opponent, and then either a final match against the character who won their qualifying match if the player wins, or a third place match against the character who lost the other qualifier. Both characters have a limited amount of health in each match, which the player can deplete by touching the other character. The player can move left and right by moving the control stick on the Nunchuk in the respective directions, and can perform thrusts by swinging the Wii Remote forwards. To guard against thrusts, the player can parry by swinging the Wii Remote upwards while holding , which will cause the opponent's thrust to fail and will briefly leave them open for attack. The player can also feint by pressing , which will cause the parry to fail and allow the player to continue as usual. The more hits a character takes, the more energy they will build up in their special move meter, which, when full will allow the player to perform a Special Attack by swinging the Wii Remote forwards while holding and . The player can store up to three of these attacks at a time, and will perform a significant amount of damage if they are landed. If they are used on a character who is close enough to the edge of the strip, they may "Ring Out", meaning the character will be knocked out of the ring and take more damage. If the character still has health remaining after this, the match will start again from the center of the strip. The first character to deplete the other character's health fully wins, or if the time limit runs out, the character with the most health remaining wins.
In this event, the player can set the time limit to one, two, three or five minutes, or can use an unlimited time.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- In this event, thrust and use special attacks to reduce your opponent's hit points to zero. Strategy is important for both offense and defense.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. Use the Nunchuk to move forward and back. Press twice in the same direction quickly to move faster.
- Thrust the Wii Remote forward to perform a lunge attack.
- While holding , flick the Wii Remote to perform a parry to deflect your opponent's lunging attack and create an opening.
- Press to feint and cause your opponent's parry to miss.
- When your special move meter is full, hold and while thrusting the Wii Remote forward to do a powerful special attack.
- You can also play this event with only the Wii Remote. Press to the right or left to move backwards or forwards. Quickly press twice in the same direction to move faster.
- Mario: Mario's fifth mission is to win the match using a special move.
- Luigi: Luigi's sixth mission is to beat Waluigi.
- Bowser: Bowser's sixth mission is to knock the opponent out of bounds twice.
- Knuckles: Knuckles' sixth mission is to beat Dr. Eggman.
- Shadow: Shadow's second mission is to knock the opponent out of bounds.
Names in other languages