|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||Constant skill, as well as raw power, is required to make the continual adjustments necessary to keep your skiff moving in a straight line. Work your way along the course and cross the finishing line before your opponents to win.|
|Controls||Row: Press the buttons and pull the Wii Remote and Nunchuk back|
Single Sculls is a Rowing Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to row in the fastest time, with the event taking place in the Shunyi Olympic Rowing-Canoeing Park. To unlock this event, the player must complete the Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn circuits. The starting world record for this event is 6:35.40. Big appears as a referee in this event.
In this event, the player starts by pressing the Z and B Buttons simultaneously and pulling the Wii Remote and Nunchuk back towards them. To row, the player must input the button combination onscreen and pull backward when prompted, with the button combination initially starting off as only the Z Button and B Button, but later in the event the combination switches between the A and B Buttons and the A and Z Buttons as well. The player's speed is determined by the timing with which they executed the stroke, with faster timing giving them a larger speed boost. Perfect timing is indicated by three red musical notes appearing above the character's head, with good timing represented by two green musical notes and poor timing indicated by a singe green note. If the player inputs the wrong button combination or fails to input one at all, they will lose speed. As the player approaches the final stretch, the timing of the strokes will speed up and the player only has to pull back the Wii Remote and Nunchuk without pressing any buttons to row. The first character to cross the finish line wins.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- In this event, you'll compete to see how fast you can row a boat and reach the goal. Rowing quickly and with good timing is the key to getting a good record.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. When "GO!" appears, immediately press the displayed buttons and pull both controllers back to move the boat.
- By continuing to press the displayed buttons while pulling the controllers back, you'll speed up. If you pull slowly or make a mistake, you'll slow down.
- You can also play this event with only the Wii Remote. By pressing the displayed button or buttons while pulling the Wii Remote back, you'll speed up.
- Peach: Peach's third mission is to win the race after performing at least three perfect strokes.
- Waluigi: Waluigi's fifth mission is to beat Luigi.
- Dr. Eggman: Dr. Eggman's second mission is to place second.
- Vector: Vector's second mission is to beat Bowser.
- Shadow: Shadow's fourth mission is to beat Vector.
Names in other languages