Javelin Throw (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Nintendo DS)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS)|
|Info||Sprint down the runway to build momentum and throw the Javelin as far as you can into the landing area. Time your throw carefully to avoid crossing the restraining board, or your attempt will be disqualified. The best of three attempts will count as your official throw.|
|Controls||Run: Slide left and right on the Touch Screen.|
Prepare to throw: Slide back.
Throw: Slide forwards.
Javelin Throw is an Event that appears in the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The objective of the event is to throw the javelin as far as possible. Cream, Charmy, Lakitu and Toad appear as referees in this event. If Super Mario characters are used, Toad and Lakitu are referees, and if Sonic characters are used, then Cream and Charmy are. The starting world record for this event is 98.48, while the starting Olympic record is 90.17.
In this event, the player starts by completing the 35m run up to the foul line. The player must slide left and right to cause their character to run, building up speed by sliding faster. At 20m, the speed will be locked, and the player must slide towards he bottom left of the screen to cause their character to prepare to throw the javelin. Once they have done this, they must continue to run towards the foul line, and once they are close enough, they must slide upwards towards the upper right of the screen at the desired angle to throw the javelin. The player must throw before the line or their attempt will be counted as foul and no distance will be recorded. The character's speed, distance behind the foul line and angle will all affect the distance that javelin is thrown, with "Good" and "Great" ratings being given for particularly good throws. The player gets three attempts at this event, with the furthest distance being recorded as their final one that decides their placing in the event.
- Use the stylus to play this event.
- Run by sliding left and right on the Touch Screen.
- When "SPEED LOCKED" appears, slide diagonally to the lower left to prepare to throw.
- Slide diagonally towards the upper right at your desired angle to throw the javelin. Be careful not to foul!
- Amy: Amy's first mission is to throw the javelin between 70 and 85m with only one attempt.
- Blaze: Blaze's second mission is to throw the javelin an increasing distance on all three attempts.
- Shadow: Shadow's second mission is to total over 220m after three throws.
- Dr. Eggman: Dr. Eggman's fourth mission is to achieve a "Great" rating on his throw.
Names in other languages