Vault (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||Run up to the springboard and vault across the horse performing spins and somersaults in the air. A maximum of 10 points will be awarded depending on your mid-air performance and the skill of your landing. The best of three attempts is recorded.|
|Controls||Run: Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately|
Jump: Swing Wii Remote up
Perform: Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk down
Vault is a Gymnastics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to score as many points as possible for performing moves after jumping off the vaulting horse, with the event taking place in the National Indoor Stadium. To unlock this event, the player must complete the Supernova Circuit.
In this event, the player has three attempts to achieve the highest score possible by performing various moves aster jumping from the vault. To start the event, the player must wait for a beeping sound before swinging the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up and down alternately to run ad build up power in the jump meter. The faster the player swings, the more power will be built up in the jump meter and the more time the player will have to perform various moves in the air. When the player reaches the springboard, they must swing the Wii Remote upwards to take off. Doing so with better timing will grant the player more time in the air and more points, and the player will receive a rating ranging from "Great" to "Good" and then "Bad" for particularly poor timing or failing to jump at all. Once in the air, the player can perform various moves by swinging the Wii Remote and Nunchuk downwards. The player can perform flex spins by swinging the Wii Remote downwards on its own, stretch spins by only swinging down the Nunchuk and twist spins by swinging them both down simultaneously. The player can perform spins when a red exclamation mark appears above the character's head, and can keep performing them until they land to earn more points. If the player performs several twists in a row with good timing they will get a combo, indicated by the character gaining either a flame or sparkling effect, which will earn them extra points. As the character approaches the ground, they will land automatically, however if they were still performing a move when they landed, the player will need to shake the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to regain balance to prevent the character from falling over. When the character is steady, the player must press to end their routine. The player is given a score for each attempt, with the best of the three being recorded as their final one and the one that I used to decide their overall position in the event.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- In this event you'll use your speed to jump, and receive points for your performance before you land. Jump high and spin a lot for big points.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. Shake them alternately to run and build up power in the jump meter.
- As you approach the springboard, stop running and swing the Wii remote up as your feet touch the springboard to maintain power from your approach.
- As you descend, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to perform a spinning move with each input, and create your performance.
- Swing Wii Remote down: Flex spin
Swing Nunchuk down: Stretch spin
Swing Wii Remote and Nunchuk down: Twist spin.
- With proper timing, you can create various spin combos for big points.
- If you're spinning as you land, you'll lose balance. Alternately shake the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk up and down to regain balance.
- Blaze: Blaze's fourth mission is to recover from a landing stagger twice.
- Daisy: Daisy's fourth mission is to recover from a landing stagger twice.
Names in other languages