400m (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)|
|Info||From a staggered start, kick off from the starting blocks, then endure a 400 meter run to the finishing line. The final 100 meter stretch should be sprinted to get you ahead of the competition, but take it slower at the start to avoid wearing yourself out|
|Controls||Charge: Hold the B Button.|
Start: Swing Wii Remote down.
Speed up: Shake Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately
Final Sprint: Hold the A Button and shake the Wii Remote and Nunchuk alternately.
400m is a track Athletics Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It is set in the National Stadium. The aim of the event is to complete the 400m in a faster time than the opponents. To unlock this event, the player must have placed in the top three of the Planet Circuit. The starting world record for this event is 43.18 seconds, while the starting Olympic record is 43.49 seconds.
This event starts by introducing all of the characters and the lanes they are in, before showing them getting ready on the blocks. When the player's character gets ready on the blocks, and the word "Ready" appears, the player can hold down to build up energy to allow them to perform a faster start, shown by a meter in the corner. When the word "Go!" appears onscreen, the player must release and swing down the Wii Remote to start. Swinging down too early will cause the character to perform a false start and receive a foul, meaning that they have to go back to the blocks and the start the race over again. Once the event as started, the player will be able to speed up by swinging the Wii Remote and Nunchuk up and down alternately, however swinging too fast will deplete the character's stamina, shown in a heart-shaped meter. When the stamina begins to get too low, the character will start sweating. If the stamina is full depleted, the character will stagger for a short while to regain stamina. Stamina can also be regained by not shaking the Wii Remote and Nunchuk or by running at a slower speed. On the last 100m of the track, the player is able to press and hold while shaking to perform a final sprint, which allows the character to run much faster but still depletes the stamina at the same rate as it does during the rest of the race, meaning that the character may still end up staggering.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk.
- This event is a 400 meter race. If you run too quickly you'll run out of stamina and get tired, so the key is to find just the right speed.
- This event uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk. While "READY" is displayed, press to build up energy.
- When "GO!" appears, swing the Wii Remote down and release to start running.
- You can speed up by quickly alternating the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Run too fast and you'll lose stamina. Stop swinging to regain stamina.
- In the final 100 meters, press and hold while shaking the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to use your stamina for a final sprint.
- You can also play this event with only the Wii Remote. Shake the Wii Remote to speed up.
- Knuckles: Knuckles' fourth mission is to beat Vector in this event.
- Blaze: Blaze's third mission is to beat Amy in this event after a two second delay.
- Shadow: Shadow's fifth mission is to beat Sonic in this event.
- Luigi: Luigi's fourth mission is to win the event while staggering over the finish line.
- Peach: Peach's fourth mission is to win the event while staggering over the finish line.
Peach crossing the finish line.
Names in other languages