Dream Gliding (Individual)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)|
Dream Gliding is a Dream Gliding Dream Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. The objective of the event is to score point by hitting targets with shells, with the event taking place in Sky Gardens.
In this event, the player can set the length of the match to 60, 90 or 120 seconds. In this event, the player steers and aims by tilting the Wii Remote in the desired direction, and can reverse direction by quickly shaking the Wii Remote. The player can shoot and unlimited supply of Green Shells by pressing . A crosshair is present onscreen at all times, and the player can target objects by moving their crosshair over them. The player can hit the red Flappers to score 2 points, the gold Flappers to score three, and other characters to score 10 points. Hitting another character will also cause them to fall down, and will cause them respawn from the centre platform after a short amount of time. The course also features Rainbow Rings that the player can fly through for a speed boost, and Balloons that can be collected to obtain an item. Five different items can be collected, which can be used by pressing and each have different effects:
- Red Shell: Homes in on a nearby character. Can be blocked using a Super Star or a Barrier.
- Super Star: Grants the player a speed boost and invincibility for a short amount of time.
- Lightning: Knocks all of the other characters out of the air, causing them to respawn from the centre. Can be blocked using a Super Star or Barrier.
- High Speed Shoes: Gives the player a speed boost for a short amount of time.
- Barrier: Indefinitely protects the player from a single attack.
The character with the highest number of points at the end of the time wins the event.
- In the Dream Gliding event, players fly around in hang gliders and try to shoot down robotic Flappers.
- When you spot a Flapper, fire a Green Shell to take it out of the air!
- You can also shoot down your rivals--clear out the competition to max out your own score!
- Tilt the Wii Remote towards yourself to ascend.
- Tilt away from yourself to descend.
- Tilt left or right to turn in that direction.
- Shake the Wii Remote to reverse direction. If you pass your opponent, reverse direction to pursue.
- Press to throw a Green Shell.
- Press to use items.
- Players earn points by shooting down robotic Flappers with Green Shells.
- Shooting down rival players will also net points.
- Though more difficult to hit than the Flappers, rival players are worth more points, making it worth your while to try!
- Balloons hold items inside--fly into them to claim their contents, then use that to max out your score!
- Red Shells automatically home in on their target and shoot down the character they hit.
- Collect a Super Star to become invincible and fly faster than normal for a set time.
- Lightning will strike your opponents and zap them.
- Using High Speed Shoes will boost your speed for a set time, letting you go faster.
- The Barrier shields you from a single attack.