Bobsleigh (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)|
Bobsleigh is a Bobsleigh Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. The objective of the event is to complete the course in the fastest time, with the event taking place at the Whistler Sliding Centre. Bowser and Bowser Jr. appear taking place in this event in the game's opening, however they appear using a two-man sleigh rather than a four-man one as used in the event. The starting record for this event is held by Vector with a time of 1:04.643.
In this event, the player starts by swinging the Wii Remote down when "Go!" appears onscreen. Doing so with perfect timing will give the player a starting speed boost for the event. Once the characters begin running, the player must shake the Wii Remote up and down to cause them to run and gain speed. The faster the player shakes the Wii Remote, the more speed they will gain and the faster their start will be. When the characters reach the end of the running section, the player must press to board the sleigh. The better the timing that they press with, the better the speed boost they will receive upon boarding will be. Once on the course, the player can steer the sled by tilting the Wii Remote left and right, and can perform sharper turns by tilting the Wii Remote further in the direction. The player gains a speed boost by remaining on the ideal line on the course, and also gets a larger one for staying on it for a longer period of time. The player will lose speed if they hit the walls at the side of the course. The player is told how their time compares to that of the current record holder halfway along the course, and the team with the fastest time at the end of the event wins.
- In the Bobsleigh event, teams of four athletes race down a pipe track and compete for the best time to the finish.
- With facing you, hold the Wii Remote in front of your chest and tilt your body left and right to play.
- Shake the Wii Remote when the count of "3, 2, 1, GO!" reaches "GO!" to perform a starting dash.
- Once the race begins, swing the Wii Remote up and down to build up speed.
- When appears, it's time to board the sled. Quickly press for a dash!
- After boarding, hold the Wii Remote in front of your chest to control the sled. Tilt left or right to steer the sled.
- Sled along the ideal course line marked on the track for a speed boost. The longer you stay on it, the better your time will be!
- When playing as a team, the icons of player who are leaning in synch with the others will glow.
- Use those glowing items to see whether you're in synch with the rest of your team!
Names in other languages