Skeleton (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for Wii)
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)|
Skeleton is a Bobsleigh Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. The objective of the event is to complete the course in the fastest time, with the event taking place at the Whistler Sliding Centre. Yoshi appears taking place in this event in the game's opening, and the starting record for this event is held by Bowser with a time of 1:10.433.
In this event, the player starts by swinging the Wii Remote downwards when the countdown reaches "Go!". If the player does so with perfect timing, they will perform a starting dash and begin running with a higher speed. Once the character starts running, the player must quickly swing the Wii Remote up and down to cause the character to accelerate, allowing them to perform a faster takeoff. When appears onscreen, the player must press the button to cause the character to board their sled. Doing so quickly causes the character to gain a starting speed boost. Once the character begins to make their way down the course, the player can tilt the Wii Remote left and right to steer their character around the course. They should aim to remain on the ideal line, which will grant the character a small speed boost for staying on it, and a larger speed boost for remaining on it for a longer amount of time. If the player hits a wall on the course, they will lose speed, and hitting one too fast may cause the character to fall off their sled. The player can shake the Wii remote to cause the character to get back on again and regain some speed. The player is told how their time compares to that of the current record holder approximately halfway down the course, and the character with the fastest time wins the event.
- In the Skeleton event, players race small sleds down a pipe track at high speed, competing for the best time to the finish.
- With facing you, hold the Wii Remote in front of your chest and tilt your body left and right to play.
- Shake the Wii Remote when the count of "3, 2, 1, GO!" reaches "GO!" to perform a starting dash.
- Once the race begins, swing the Wii Remote up and down to build up speed.
- When appears, it's time to board the sled. Quickly press for a dash!
- After boarding, hold the Wii Remote in front of your chest to control the sled. Tilt left or right to steer the sled.
- Sled along the ideal course line marked on the track for a speed boost. The longer you stay on it, the better your time will be!
- Bump into walls on either side of the track and you'll lose speed, so pay careful attention when plotting your course.
- Hit the walls too hard, and the character may slip off the sled. If that happens, shake the Wii Remote to recover.
Names in other languages