Dream Snowball Fight
|Dream Snowball Fight|
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)|
Dream Snowball Fight is a Dream Event that appears in the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. The objective of the event is to score more points than the opposing team by hitting them with snowballs, with the event taking place in Christmas Village.
This event is played with a tournament structure, where the player competes in a qualifying match, and goes on to compete in the final if they win or ends the event if they lose. In the event, the player can move around by pressing the direction they want to travel in on , and can double tap the direction quickly to perform a faster dodge in the direction. The player throws snowballs by swinging the Wii Remote, and can restock their snowballs by pressing , being able to hold a maximum of between four and ten (depending on the character's Power stat) at any one time. The player can lock onto standing players on the other team by holding , and can change targets by quickly pressing it. The player scores 1 point for hitting a character, and three points for knocking them down entirely by hitting them three times. If the player is hit three times, they must shake the Wii Remote to get back up, but points cannot be scored by hitting characters while they are still down. Bonus points can also be scored by entirely knocking down the opponent's snowman. Bullet Bills will also occasionally be shot into the area, and can be hit by snowballs to turn them around and target the opposition. If hit by a Bullet Bill, the character will be immediately knocked down regardless of how many hits they have taken so far, but can defend against them using a Super Star. The area also features Brick Blocks that the players can hide behind, though do not provide full protection from snowballs, and Item Boxes that can be collected to obtain items. Six items can be obtained and are used automatically when obtained, each with different effects:
- Super Star: Gives the player invincibility and a speed boost for a short amount of time.
- POW Block: Briefly stuns all of the other team. Can be defended against using a Super Star.
- Mega Mushroom: Increases the character's size, making them require two hits to take hit point and each of their snowballs to cause two hits.
- High Speed Shoes: Increases the character's speed for a short amount of time.
- Power Up: Allows the player to perform a more powerful special shot that can immediately knock down characters it hits.
- Ammo Boost: Gives the player unlimited snowballs for a short amount of time.
At the end of each match, the team with the most points wins.
- In the Dream Snowball Fight, teams of four face off to see who can score the most points by hitting the opposing team with snowballs.
- Dodge incoming snowballs as you take aim at the opposition and try for an all-time high score!
- Press up on the +Control Pad to move forward, or down to move back.
- Press left or right on the +Control Pad to move in the direction entered.
- Quickly tap a direction on the +Control Pad to dodge in that direction.
- Hold down to lock on to a rival.
- Release to remove the lock-on.
- Swing the Wii Remote to throw a snowball.
- When you run out of snowballs, press to restock.
- Players are wide open to enemy snowballs when restocking, so watch for the chance to catch the opposition unarmed!
- Quickly tap when locked on to change which character you're locked onto.
- Targeting nearby, easy-to-hit characters is the key to a killer score!
- Take down a snowman for a big point bonus! It takes a good deal to break a snowman, so try taking them on as a team.
- Bullet Bill can be turned around by hitting him with snowballs. If you see him coming, send him back to your opponent's camp!
- Collect a Super Star to become invincible and move faster than normal for a set time.
- POW Blocks make the entire opposing team dizzy.
- Collecting a Mega Mushroom will make the character grow in size, enhancing both their attack and defense.
- Using High Speed Shoes will boost your speed for a set time, letting you go faster.
- Collect a Power Up item to supercharge your character, enabling them to perform a special shot.
- Collecting an Ammo Boost item will enable your character to throw a large number of snowballs.
Names in other languages
|Dream Snowball Fight|
|Dutch||Droomsneeuwballengevecht||Dream Snowball Fight|
|French||Boules de neige (Rêve)||Snowballs (Dream)|
|German||Schneeballschlacht (Traum)||Snowball Fight (Dream)|
|Italian||Guerra di neve Sogno||Snow War Dream|
|Spanish||Pelea bolas de nieve Fantasía||Snowball Fight Fantasy|