|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo 3DS)|
|Info||Grab items for a speed boost!|
Stop tapping if you take the lead!
Items appear from the reel. Grab them at the right time to get to the finish line much faster.
|Controls||Start: Hold & release|
Speed Up: Tap fast
100m Plus is a Plus Event that appears in the Nintendo 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to run the track in the fastest time. The playable characters in this event are Mario, Yoshi, Nabbit, Sonic, Shadow, Metal Sonic and Mii, with Nabbit being unlocked by beating him in the event on the first day of Sonic's story in the Road to Rio mode. Toads appear as referees in this event.
At the start of the event, the player must press to stop the item roulette and randomly select an item to appear in the event. The player must then charge up by pressing and holding , and release it when "Go!" appears onscreen to start running. The longer the player charges for, the faster their speed when they start running. If the player releases the button too early, they will not be penalized but will have less time to charge up. To speed up, the player must repeatedly press , with the speed of the character depending on how quickly the player presses . During the race, the player can catch up to their randomly selected item and gain a speed boost. Each item provides different speed boosts and has different movement:
- Super Star: Appears far away from the character, and moves fairly quickly while bouncing. Gives the character an invincible effect and grants a speed boost for the remainder of the race when picked up.
- Ring: Several appear bouncing along the track, each granting a short speed boost when collected and slightly increasing the character's top speed.
- Golden Dash Mushroom: Several travel along the track and constantly change size, with the speed boost granted for collecting it dependent on the size at the time of its collection.
- Dash Panel: Several travel forwards at varying speeds and grants a speed boost when ran over.
The player can also perform a Super Dash by pressing during the race, which gives the character a speed boost with a unique effect that can only be used once. If the character collects or uses an item during their Super Dash, then the remaining effect of their Super Dash is canceled and will only receive the boost from their item. The player can also press just before crossing the finish line to lean forward and finish the race with a slightly faster time. The first character to cross the line is the winner.
- Stop tapping the A Button to slow down quickly. This is useful for picking up items.
- Pick up the Golden Dash Mushroom item when it's big to gain even more of a speed boost.
- Each ring you pick up slightly increases your top speed.
- Press the B Button near the finish line to lean forward and shave a split second off your time.
- Pick up the Super Star item to boost your top speed until you reach the finish.
- Run over Dash Panel items while they are lit up for a speed boost.
Names in other languages