Long Jump Plus
|Long Jump Plus|
|Appears in||Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo 3DS)|
|Info||Jump at the line and hit the spring!|
Jump again at an angle!
This long jump event uses a giant spring, The spring starts to tilt when you jump on it, so jump again at a 45 degree angle.
|Controls||Speed up: Tap fast|
Spring Jump: Spring Jump
Super Dash: Press
Long Jump Plus is a Plus Event that appears in the Nintendo 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. The objective of the event is to achieve the furthest distance possible using only a single jump. The playable characters in this event are Mario, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Sonic, Espio, Eggman Nega and Mii, with Eggman Nega unlocked by beating him in the event on the fourth day of Mario's story in the Road to Rio mode. Toads, Orbot & Cubot and a Chao appear as referees in this event.
In this event, the player has three attempts to reach the furthest distance possible using a single jump. To start the event, the player must run up to the takeoff line, by repeatedly pressing to speed up. The faster the player presses , the greater the speed their character will reach, though the character will run at a lower speed automatically is the player does not press the button. When the player reaches the take off line, they must press to jump onto the Spring. The player will achieve a greater distance the closer they get to the takeoff line, and are told their distance after completing each jump. Jumping too early however will cause the character to not jump far enough to reach the spring, and jumping too late will cause the character to receive a foul and no distance to be recorded for the attempt in either case. Once the player lands on the spring, they must wait for it to tilt towards 45° and press again to launch from the spring. The closer their angle is to 45°, the further the character will jump. However, if the player jumps much too early or fails to jump, the character will launch from the spring but will only record a small distance for the attempt. If the character manages a successful jump, they can press when passing through a ring in the air to perform a Super Dash, which allows the character to achieve a large amount of extra distance, with a greater distance being achieved by pressing just before passing through the ring, and can also repeatedly press to gain a smaller amount of additional distance.
- Tap the A Button repeatedly before landing to stay in the air a bit longer and improve your result.
- You can narrow your takeoff distance all the way down to 0cm. See how close you can get to the line.
- If you make your first jump, the spring will tilt more quickly, but you'll be able to jump farther.
- While in the air, press the X Button close to the ring to perform a Super Dash. Press just before the ring to get more distance.
Names in other languages
|Extra Long Jump|
- The icon for this event is a silhouette of Dr. Eggman long jumping, which is taken from Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. However, Eggman is not playable in Long Jump nor its Plus version in this game. It's likely that the icon is meant to represent Eggman Nega instead.