- This article is about the block from the Yoshi's Island series. For the cloud-like object from the Yoshi's Island series, see Arrow Cloud. For the movable block from Wario World, see Arrow Block (Wario World). For the object from Donkey Kong for the Game Boy, see Ladder and Road.
A yellow arrow block from Yoshi's New Island
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's New Island (2014)|
Arrow blocks (also formatted as Arrow Blocks) are blocks found in the Yoshi's Island series. When activated by either jumping or striking them with an egg, arrow blocks cause rough platforms to flip around, alternating between safe and harmful sides. They correspond to the colors of the rough platforms; hitting a red arrow block, for example, causes red rough platforms to flip. Arrow blocks are first found in Salvo The Slime's Castle in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, having green and red colors. In Yoshi's Island DS, arrow blocks are first found in Big Bungee Piranha's Lair, where they cause segmented tunneled platforms of the corresponding colors to rotate; arrow blocks that flip rough platforms appear in Castle of Priscilla the Peckish. In Yoshi's New Island, arrow blocks are found in Fort Key Calamity, having yellow and red colors.
|Yoshi's New Island||G:/content0.game/romfs/obj.bch.z||obj_blk_switch02a
|Switch Block; compare ! Block|
Names in other languages
- Miller, Kent, and Terry Munfon. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 35. "After leaving the basement, you'll have to make your way through a maze of platforms and spinning wheels. See those spotted platforms? The spotted sides are safe, but the serrated sides will separate baby Mario from Yoshi! Spin the platforms around by shooting the arrow blocks overhead with your eggs. This arrow block will also spin a crucial, unseen platform below." (BLOCKS OUT DANGER)
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Page 74. "Baby Wario’s magnet will pull the metal platform; you can then bump the arrow block so you can collect more coins. Avoid the Arrow Blocks when you jump between platforms."
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Page 30. "Fight off or evade the Bandits then shoot the red Arrow Block to flip the first set of platforms. Shoot the two green Arrow Blocks to work your way up to a platform beneath some spike blocks."
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Page 50. "Bump the color-coded Arrow Blocks to rotate corresponding sections of pipe."
- 「任天堂公式ガイドブック スーパーマリオヨッシーアイランド」 (Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook - Super Mario: Yossy Island), page 27.
- 「任天堂公式ガイドブック ヨッシー New アイランド」 (Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook – Yoshi's New Island), page 175.