|First appearance||Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2004)|
- “Meet my peeps, Gonzales! I told you we were gonna square off, and now it's ON!”
- —KP Pete, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
KP Pete, better known by his pseudonym of King K, is a KP Koopa who fights in the Minor League of the Glitz Pit in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. He is the leader of a team called "The KP Koopas", also referred to as "The Shell Machines of Doom".
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
King K introduces himself and the rest of the Minor League fighters to Mario after the latter's fight against the Goomba Bros. Throughout Mario's stay in the Minor League, King K gives Mario advice and informs him of any recent occurrences, such as the Hot Dog Stand getting a new menu item or the "STUNNIN' babe havin' a juice at the Fresh Juice Shop". King K disappears from the locker room after Mario's fight with the Bob-omb Squad, having previously told Mario that he was thinking about retiring.
However, King K had actually had his energy drained by Grubba's power-draining machine, and Mario later finds him in an unresponsive state behind a block in the second floor of the Glitz Pit's storage room. The KP Koopas are replaced by the Wings of Night during the time King K is absent. KP Pete recovers after Macho Grubba's defeat, and can be fought again should the player choose to return to the Glitz Pit.
Later, King K sends Mario an e-mail, in which he states that he is keeping himself busy in the Glitz Pit.
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door enemy|
|Max HP||4||Attack||2||Defense||1||Location(s)||Glitz Pit|
|Fright?||85%||Gale Force?||80%||KO?||100%||Moves||Shell Toss (2), Flail (N/A), Get Up (Stops Being Flipped)|
|Level||8||Exp. points||0||Coins||1 - 2||Items||None|
|Log||A Koopa warrior that battles at the Glitz Pit in Glitzville. It may be a different color than your average Koopa Troopa, but its abilities are the same.|
|Tattle||That's a KP Koopa. It's a Koopa Troopa of a slightly different color. Max HP is 4, Attack is 2, and Defense is 1. Looks like its abilities are just like any Koopa… So he oughta be a piece of cake! Don't go easy just because you know King K, Mario… That's what friends are for!|
- "That's King K, a fighter. His shell's yellow, but I think he's just a basic Koopa. He seems like a genuinely good guy, Mario. Plus, I dig the way he talks!"
- "Awww, poor King K! What happened here?!?"
- 'Sup, dog?
Yo, G-money! It's me, King K! Your homey from the Glitz Pit!
I KNOW you remember me, dog! How you doin'? What, you off KO'in fools lef an' right somewhere else?
I'm still livin' large in the minor league, but I'm keepin' busy, you know how it is. I gotta thank you again for convincin' me to stay, dog. You fired me up good!
So, are we ever gonna chill again, or what? Or are we just gonna meet in the ring? Careful, dog: next time you front on the King K, I'm gonna be way, way, way, way, way, way, way, WAYYYY BETTER!
Keep it real, King K
Names in other languages
|German||Marono||From "marone" (chestnut)|
- The Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door website (now defunct) depicted what would appear to be King K (who simply states that his name is "K.P.") as a trash-talking red-shelled Koopa Troopa. It is possible that this was KP Pete's personality in a pre-release build of the game, or else may simply an error on the website's part.
- KP Pete is not shown among those at Glitzville while Mario is fighting the Shadow Queen. However, his voice can be heard when the scene cuts back to the battle. Shellshock is present, though, and talks like King K, so it is likely that it was intended to be him, but the sprites were mixed up.