|First appearance||Mario Party DS (2007)|
- “Dagnabbit! I've been stuffed in this blasted book! Help me! Find that cantankerous Kamek! Whomp him good 'til he lets me out!”
- —Koopa Krag, Mario Party DS
In Story Mode, when the player reaches Kamek's Library, Krag's grandson comes rushing to ask for help, as Kamek had, for unknown reasons (but possibly because he had a Sky Crystal in his possession), trapped Koopa Krag in one of his books. The player battles Kamek in Book Bash, thus freeing Koopa Krag. The old Koopa happily rewards Mario's gang with the fourth Sky Crystal. Koopa Krag owns a book that is a collectible, and according to the description, it has nine magical functions.
Koopa Krag is a brownish Koopa Troopa. He has silver hair growing over his eyes, and a silver beard growing under his chin. Most Green Koopa Troopas have have a light green shell, while Krag has a greenish-brownish shell. Like all Koopa Troopas, he has two small nostrils.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Nonno Koopa||Grandfather Koopa|
- Krag is not actually mentioned by name in Story Mode, but the cut-scene at the beginning of Kamek's Library is entitled "Save Koopa Krag!", and the book in which he was imprisoned is available as a collectible, known as "Koopa Krag's Book".
- The Long Planter B collectible mentions that Koopa Krag has a collection of carnivorous plants, and Wiggler has been considering giving one of his garden feeders to him.
- Also according to collection descriptions, Krag knows what's in the blue tower in Bowser's Pinball Machine as well as the contents of the Lucky Jar.