- Not to be confused with Snowman Wario.
Artwork for Wario Land 4
|Item needed||Yukimaru, Brrr Bear, Yeti, or blue Flimflam|
|Power(s) given||Get sent backwards, cannot jump or attack, slide across spikes|
|First appearance||Wario Land II (1998)|
|Latest appearance||Wario Land: Shake It! (2008)|
- “Hey! After burning, I have to freeze?!! Aaah! What’s going on with this game?! Is this some kind of cruel experiment? Anyone else would’ve given up by now!!”
- —Wario, Wario Land 4 instruction booklet
Frozen Wario, also known as Ice Skatin' Wario (or Ice-skating Wario) and Freeze Wario, is one of Wario's transformations in the Wario Land series. In this form, Wario is covered in ice and unable to move.
Wario Land series
Wario Land II
The Frozen Wario form makes its debut in Wario Land II. If Wario comes into contact with the snowflakes spawned by a Yukimaru, he will immediately become frozen solid, and begin to slide backwards until he hits a wall. Being frozen enables him to slide over spikes and other obstacles without harm. As Frozen Wario can only be triggered by a Yukimaru, it is only available in the levels Syrup Castle, Invade Wario Castle, Uncanny Mansion, and The Really Final Chapter. Unlike Wario's other transformations, Frozen Wario cannot be controlled by the player.
Wario Land 3
Frozen Wario returns in Wario Land 3, where it is referred to as Ice Skatin' Wario. It reprises its purpose from the previous game, but is triggered by contact with snowflakes from Brrr Bears instead of a Yukimaru. This form is specifically necessary to get past a Prince Froggy in the level A Town in Chaos.
The Wario Land 3 instruction booklet and Japanese website list Ice Skatin' Wario as a new form, even though it appeared in the previous game. This may be because in Wario Land II, it was unnamed and did not have artwork.
Wario Land 4
Frozen Wario reappears in Wario Land 4. Unlike in previous games, it is of little use to the player, and is mainly used as a minor annoyance, or to waste time when the switch is hit. Here, the form is triggered by the frozen breath of a Yeti, and mainly appears in the levels 40 Below Fridge and Fiery Cavern.
This is the first game in which this form is referred to as Frozen Wario.
Wario Land: Shake It!
Frozen Wario also appears in Wario Land: Shake It!. Blue variants of Flimflams can be found in Slipshod Slopes and Freezing Fields, either on the ground in groups or falling from generators on the ceiling. If Wario makes contact with one, he will slide backwards until hitting a wall as in previous games, defeating any enemies he comes into contact with on the way. However, this form is not required to complete either of the two levels.
Wario Land 4
- Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program digital manual bio: You will not be able to control Wario until the ice is broken, but you will slide around as a frozen block.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||氷づけ (Wario Land 3)
フリーズワリオ (Wario Land 4)
|Dutch||IJsglijdende Wario||Ice-sliding Wario|
|French||Wario de glace (Wario Land 3)
Wario Gelé (Wario Land 4)
|German||Schlitter Wario (Wario Land 3)
Frost-Wario (Wario Land 4)
|Italian||Wario di ghiaccio (Wario Land 3)
Wario Ghiacciato (Wario Land 4)
|Spanish||Wario Patinador (Wario Land 3)
Wario Congelado (Wario Land 4)
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 22.
- Wario Land 3 instruction booklet, page 24.
- Official North American webpage
- Nintendo Power Advance V.3, page 52.
- Wario Land 3: Fushigi na Orgel Japanese instruction booklet, page 24
- Wario Land Advance: Yōki no Otakara Japanese instruction booklet, page 31
- Wario Land 3 Dutch Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console electronic manual, tab 11: "Transformatievaardigheden".
- Wario Land 3 European instruction booklet, page 58
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 62.
- Wario Land 3 European instruction booklet, page 38
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 42.
- Wario Land 3 European instruction booklet, page 116
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 122.
- Guía, trucos y ayuda de Wario Land 3. "Controles y Transformaciones". Guías Nintendo. Retrieved December 21, 2017. (Archived June 16, 2021, 14:47:29 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 102.
|Regular||Arty Wario • Bat Wario • Bubble Wario • Bull Wario • Bunny Wario • Captain Wario (Wario: Master of Disguise) • Cosmic Wario • Crazy Wario • Dragon Wario (Wario Land series) • Dragon Wario (Wario: Master of Disguise) • Eagle Wario • Fiery Wario • Flat Wario • Frozen Wario • Genius Wario • Jet Wario • King Dragon Wario • Puffy Wario • Sea Dragon Wario • Snowman Wario • Sparky Wario • Thief Wario • Tiny Wario • Vampire Wario • Wicked Wario • Zombie Wario|
|Temporary||Ball • Ball o' String Wario • Bouncy Wario • Electric Wario • Fat Wario • Flaming Wario • Invinsible Wario • Invisible Wario • Mega Wario • Metal Wario|
|Other||Bomb Wario • Captain Wario (Game & Wario) • Wario Deluxe • Wario-Man|
|Wario Land II|
|Main characters||Wario • Captain Syrup|
|Supporters||Gull • Hen • Owl • Turtle|
|Bosses||Awabō • Big Kamukamu • Bobo • Cave master • Dunk • Ghost • Giant bee • Giant snake • Giant spear man • Mecha Kuri|
|Chapters||Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 2* • Chapter 2** • Chapter 3 • Chapter 3* • Chapter 4 • Final Chapter • Final Chapter* • Final Chapter** • The Really Final Chapter|
|Conditions||Ball • Bouncy Wario • Bubble Wario • Crazy Wario • Fat Wario • Flat Wario • Frozen Wario • Hot Wario • Puffy Wario • Tiny Wario • Zombie Wario|
|Enemies||Bee • Bird • Chūta • Cook • D-Bat • D.D. • Drill • Flame • Gaugau • Ghost • Grunt • Gugi • Inamazu • Kamukamu • Pecan • Penguin • Pirate Goom • Pogo Guy • Punch • Rooster • Tobī • Togemen • Tsuriuo • Utsutsubo • Weight • White puff • Wizard • Yukimaru • Zombie|
|Objects||10 Gold Coin • 100 Coin • Alarm clock • Big Block • Bonfire Block • Brick • Coin • Doughnut block • Enemy Block • Glass Block • Kotsuheri • Lance • Spike • Stove • Switch|