|First appearance||Wario Land 4 (2001)|
|Latest appearance||WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (2003)|
- “When that twerpy little bat Minicula bites me and sucks my blood, I turn into a bat! My big, macho arms turn into puny little wings!! By the way, what’s my blood type? You sucked my blood, the least you can do is tell me that!! What a pest!!”
- —Wario, Wario Land 4 instruction booklet
Bat Wario, also known as Vampire Bat Wario, is one of Wario's many transformations in the Wario Land series of games, appearing in Wario Land 4. It appears in four levels: Crescent Moon Village, Arabian Night, Hotel Horror and Golden Passage.
The Bat Wario transformation can be triggered by coming in contact with a Minicula, causing Wario to become a bat, sporting a pair of pointy fangs, bat wings in place of his arms, an indigo skin tone, and red eyes. This reaction is similar in ability and appearance to the bat form of Vampire Wario, a key difference being that he cannot transform into an actual vampire, unlike in Wario Land 3. To turn into his normal self, he must go into a patch of light or fall into a pool of water (similar to Zombie Wario).
Wario Land 4
- Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program digital manual bio: "Press to move and to fly."
Names in other languages
|French||Bat Wario||Bat Wario|
|Italian||Wario Vampistrello||"Vampistrello" is a portmanteau of vampiro (vampire) and pipistrello (bat); effectively Vampire Bat Wario|
|Spanish||Wario Vampiro||Vampire Wario|
- In WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!, Bat Wario cameos in a beginning video, where he chases a pigeon across the screen, and gets chased by a few pigeons back across the screen.
- Bat Wario's sprite has red overalls instead of purple, but in the artwork and the Japanese commercial, they are purple as usual.
- Nintendo Power Advance V.3, page 52.
- Official North American webpage
- Wario Land 4 Virtual Console digital instruction manual, Page 12 / 15 Reactions.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 21.
- Wario Land Advance: Yōki no Otakara Japanese instruction booklet, page 27.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 61.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 41.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 121.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 101.
|Regular||Arty Wario • Bat Wario • Bubble Wario • Bull Wario • Bunny Wario • Captain Wario (Wario: Master of Disguise) • Cosmic Wario • Crazy Wario • Dragon Wario (Wario Land series) • Dragon Wario (Wario: Master of Disguise) • Eagle Wario • Fiery Wario • Flat Wario • Frozen Wario • Genius Wario • Jet Wario • King Dragon Wario • Puffy Wario • Sea Dragon Wario • Snowman Wario • Sparky Wario • Thief Wario • Tiny Wario • Vampire Wario • Wicked Wario • Zombie Wario|
|Temporary||Ball • Ball o' String Wario • Bouncy Wario • Electric Wario • Fat Wario • Flaming Wario • Invinsible Wario • Invisible Wario • Mega Wario • Metal Wario|
|Other||Bomb Wario • Captain Wario (Game & Wario) • Wario Deluxe • Wario-Man|