Artwork of a Keyzer
|First appearance||Wario Land 4 (2001)|
- “He looks like a pushover... Too bad he's not an enemy! I'm out here risking my life and he just sleeps all day! Hey! Keyzer! You'd better wake up and smell the coffee or I'm to smack you one real nice!!”
- —Wario, Wario Land 4 North American instruction booklet
A Keyzer, sometimes referred to as a Ghost Key, is a small levitating creature in Wario Land 4. It bears some resemblance to a Boo, although with a key for a nose. A Keyzer must be located by Wario in each of the 18 stages. A Keyzer is always found sleeping. Once found, it wakes up and follows Wario until he either loses all his health or exits the level via the vortex. The Keyzer then unlocks the sealed door that leads to the next stage, and the Keyzer disappears once it does so. Once the door is unlocked, the Keyzer cannot be found in that same stage a second time.
If Wario exits a stage without finding the Keyzer, his points and any jewel pieces collected will still be counted, but he will not be able to progress to the next stage. Wario is able to reenter any stage where the Keyzer has not been found.
In Crescent Moon Village, a ghost enemy shows an interest in a Keyzer, and it excitedly tries to steal him from Wario. The ghost's movement becomes faster after stealing the Keyzer, which may make it difficult for Wario to catch him. Wario simply has to touch the ghost to retrieve the Keyzer, although the ghost continues trying to steal it.
A Keyzer also appears in volume 28 of Super Mario-kun, on the page showing the chapter's end.
Keyzer, as seen in a chapter's end of Super Mario-kun
Names in other languages
|A portmanteau of「カギ」(kagi, key) and「鴨の嘴」(kamonohashi, platypus)|
|Italian||Pellichiave||From pellicano (pelican) and chiave (key)|
|From dormir (sleep) and llave (key)|
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 23.
- Nintendo Power Advance V.3, page 53.
- Wario Land Advance: Yōki no Otakara Japanese instruction booklet, page 33.
- iQue. 瓦力欧寻宝记. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 63.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 43.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 123.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 103.
- Official Wario Land 4 website (Guías Nintendo)