|First appearance||Wario Land 4 (2001)|
|Variant of||Bee (Wario Land II)|
- “He may look cute, but watch out—don't be fooled by looks! This one's got a temper as bad as I've ever seen! He'll poke you with that stinger in his tail 'til you can't take anymore!! Try giving him a Jump Attack!!”
- —Wario, Wario Land 4
Beezleys are bee enemies appearing in Wario Land 4, appearing to be specifically based on the bees from Wario Land II in appearance and behavior. They attack the player by flying at the player with their stinger, thus transforming the player into Puffy Wario if hit. Their first appearance is in the level Wildflower Fields, the second level of the Emerald Passage. They also appear in the level Arabian Night in the Sapphire Passage, only when the player enters a pipe with a Beezley icon with a room full of Togemasuku. When falling in, the Togemasuku will be replaced by Beezleys. The pipes transform the enemies in the room from Togemasuku to Beezleys to Miniculas, which allows Wario to get the Keyzer.
If a Beezley lands on a flower, the Beezley will pollinate it, and the flower turns into a pod that gradually grows larger. The player can hit the pod at any point to claim the coins inside, but if the pod is left alone for too long, the pod dries out, and thus the player receives a small amount of coins if the pod is hit in this state.
A Beezley appears briefly in the Wario Land 4 segment of volume 28 of Super Mario-kun. It attacks Wario when Wario is sleeping, causing Wario to become Puffy Wario.
A Beezley in the level Wildflower Fields
Names in other languages
|Hatch, derived from「蜂」(hachi, bee); shared with Hatch|
|Italian||Apastra||From ape (bee)|
|Spanish||Abejuchillo||From abeja (bee) and cuchillo (blade)|
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 23.
- Wario Land Advance: Yōki no Otakara Japanese instruction booklet, page 32.
- iQue. 瓦力欧寻宝记. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 63.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 43.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 123.
- Wario Land 4 European instruction booklet, page 103.