Wario's Homerun Derby
Wario's Homerun Derby (or Wario's Home Run Derby) is a mini-game that is featured in the game Wario Land 4. Like the other two mini-games in the Mini-Game Shop, it costs 5,000 points to play (points are obtained during normal gameplay). The Blue Game Bot allows Wario to play this mini-game. In this mini-game, a stick figure pitches a baseball to Wario, who must hit it by pressing with good timing to hit a home run, while at the same time avoiding a foul ball or striking out. If Wario manages to hit three homeruns in a row, he wins a medal, which can be spent at the Item Shop. As the mini-game progresses, and the player gets more and more medals, the pitches get faster, and some times curve.
The game continues until the player strikes out. Just like in real baseball, the strike count resets if the player hits a homerun. Fouls count as strikes but the player cannot strike out on a foul. Playing again costs another 5000 points. The baseball that is thrown has Wario's face on it.
In the Super Hard Mode, the pitcher is a woman instead of a man and she uses special pitching more frequently.
Sometimes the baseball moves in unusual patterns. The pitchers will always do the same head moves before performing each special pitching.
- Nod, nod: The ball moves faster than usual; sometimes it turns back to normal speed midway.
- Shake, shake, nod: The ball moves slower than usual; sometimes it turns back to normal speed midway.
- Nod, shake, nod: The ball becomes invisible midway.
- Shake, nod: The ball follows a curved path in an attempt to disrupt the player's timing.
- Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program digital manual bio: "Hit the ball pitched to you. Press to swing the bat. If you strike out three times, it is game over."
Names in other languages
|Italian||Baseball al massimo "home run"||Baseball to the maximum "home run"|
- Wario Land 4 American instruction booklet, page 23.
- 阿快尔瑞斯 (July 19, 2014). 【完结】【童年游戏】瓦力欧寻宝记流程 （6P）. Bilibili. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Wario Land 4 3DS Ambassador Program digital manual, page 13.