|First appearance||Wario Land 3 (2000)|
When Wario uses the turtle to get past the currents, the Muddee makes a scary face to scare the turtle away, causing it to sink below the water surface. In order to initiate the battle with Muddee, Wario must climb the grillage to the top half, which causes it to jump out of the water to climb the grillage.
Muddee's main attack is to use its spiked tail to hurt Wario. When it moves in a direction, it will expose its spiked tail in that direction. In order to hit Muddee, Wario must use his Smash Attack from above Muddee, as long as he is hitting the rest of the body besides the spiked tail. It takes three such attacks to defeat Muddee. For the first phase and the second phase, it will move only horizontally or vertically to pursue Wario, spinning around while it stops moving, with movements speed up in the second phase. If moving horizontally, it will move across the grillage, but if moving vertically it will move only up to where Wario is when it pursues him. For the third phase, Muddee will pursue Wario diagonally while spinning around, though this time it will stop spinning after every second stop. Every time Muddee is hit, it will fall into the water, and it will dive out from the water with its tail at the top if it is underneath Wario, which will hit Wario if he is low enough. After three hits, Muddee will be defeated and the turtle will resurface, allowing Wario to ride on it to reach the Red Chest, which has the Green Flower.
If the player replays the level after obtaining Prince Frog's Glove from Out of the Woods, the Muddee can be skipped, due to being able to swim through the current. If Wario climbs on the grillage without riding the turtle, it will not jump out of water, as the turtle's presence is required for Muddee to jump out.
Names in other languages
|From「大山椒魚」(ōsanshōuo, Japanese giant salamander)|
- Official American Wario Land 3 website (Internet Archive)
- Nintendo Power Volume 133, page 63. "Go down the second blue pipe and ride the turtle to the wooden grate. Climb up the grate. When the beaver boss is directly under you, Jump-Smash it."
- Brady, Matthew K., Nathan Beittenmiller, Debra McBride, and David Cassady. Game Boy Game Secrets, 2001 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 94. "Once down there, ride the turtle, defeat the beaver boss by jump-smashing it when it’s above you, and get the chest."
- Wario Land 3: Fushigi na Orgel Shogakukan guide, page 125.
- Official Wario Land 3 website (Guías Nintendo)